Contributors to this thread:
SBH 21-Apr-16
phutch30 25-Apr-16
SBH 27-Apr-16
FAA_Support 20-Jun-16
phutch30 20-Jun-16
SBH 22-Jun-16
21-Apr-16
Hey guys, I drew the Mule Deer Buck tag for the Bridgers. I live in Bozeman so scouting should be a treat. I've never had it before. Anyone here that has had the tag and is willing to share some advice on how where to start, I would be appreciative. We built a home for some folks last year at the base of the Bridgers around Sypes canyon and I saw some terrific bucks late in the season so hopefully they are coming back. I had heard the tag wasn't as great the last few years. Anyways, I'm gonna giver hell, never shot a mule deer with my bow so should be fun. Thanks in advance. Matt

25-Apr-16
Go high early and drop lower with the snow and rut.

27-Apr-16
Thanks phutch

20-Jun-16
I'll see you up there! I've done a lot of hiking this spring and have seen lots of deer in Corbly, Middle Cottonwood and Sypes. I haven't done much on the East side of the range, but have heard great things about the Bridger Bowl area holding big deer. Definitely start high in bow season.

20-Jun-16
Biggest deer I ever saw in the bridgers was a giant non typ right on the top of the right most ski run mid Sept...20yrs ago though. LOL

22-Jun-16
Thanks guys!

I keep hearing the same thing, stay high early in the season and theres lots of areas that hold good deer. If you don't get it done by gun season, plan on moving down to alfalfa fields in the late season.

FAA- I was up on the east side this weekend with my boys, went in around the ski area and Bracket Creek. Fun easy scouting. I'm assuming you have the tag this year? Shoot me a pm.

• Sitka Gear