sharpspur@home 16-May-16
rick allison 18-May-16
rick allison 18-May-16
razorhead 18-May-16
Zinger 18-May-16
Drop Tine 19-May-16
24-Apr-16

Huntcell 's Link
Numbers continue to grow for Wi elk herd!

The wolf lovers are grinning ear to ear and the wolfs are salavating uncontrollably!!!

25-Apr-16
Great another hot lunch program for Wolves . Why can't the DNR do anything correct .

25-Apr-16
Ruger, the DNR didn't take away our wolf season. Pretty hard to manage anything with your hands tied.

25-Apr-16
Ruger-

Contact your elected officials in Washington and let them know how happy you are to be providing such a great food source for the wolves.

I am sure they all would like to hear your thoughts

25-Apr-16
Actually the Jackson County herd seems to be surviving fairly well with the wolves. The elk had even moved out of Jackson County into northern Monroe County. It was not unusual to be able to watch the herd graze this winter and spring from the loft window of my cabin by Warrens. During some hiking trips I would try to locate them on public land, didn't see much wolf sign in and around the the elk sign.

25-Apr-16
Sharpspur, the reason for less wolf signs is that the deer herd has been greatly reduced, can't eat what is not there. I lived west I94 from Warrens for 20yrs and the destruction of the deer herd on public is really shameful that was set by the DNR kill policy, it has never recovered since the T-Zone. The priorities of elk management from deer management is screwed for the public hunter, so much land and very few deer.

25-Apr-16
There are a lot of wolves in Jackson co. They come and go in certain areas. But it's common to hear them on most nights. My cousin saw an elk just this past week.

Some may disagree. But the population is doing quite well this year. It's not like it use to be. Some areas are a dud, while you move a mile or so and there is a healthy populations of deer. Jackson is still a great county to hunt.

I will say. If Washington can't get their head out of there ass. Well just have to continue to do what we have to do. We all know that quote.

16-May-16
Folks on the west end of Jackson just posted some pics of most of the herd on Facebook last weekend - some pretty cool photo's as they crossed a road and stood for a camera shot! They look good - now if they just can stay away from the Interstate and wolves, might just have a chance!

16-May-16
Saw them again last night also. The is a good bunch hanging out pretty regular up near Wood's & Meadows shooting preserve

18-May-16
I'm south of you boys a bit...have any of you local boys heard any bugles last fall?

18-May-16
I'm south of you boys a bit...have any of you local boys heard any bugles last fall?

18-May-16
were never going to hunt them, so who cares,,,, of course MI has an elk hunt, with about the same amount,,,,,,,,

18-May-16
And if and when we are ever allowed to hunt them half of them will be going to the chosen few that get all the special benefits.

19-May-16
We've already had a hunt. Natives were allowed to harvest one a couple years ago.

• Sitka Gear