26-Apr-16
Post your kills here.

26-Apr-16

Buckiller's embedded Photo
Buckiller's embedded Photo

26-Apr-16

Nocturnal8's embedded Photo
Nocturnal8's embedded Photo
From this weekend. Had this bird figured out well, actually perfect. Set up blind on his known roost, when light came up. He was in the tree 50 yards away. Got some amazing footage of him gobbling from the roost. Taking 3 more out before the season ends.

26-Apr-16

Montesdaddy's embedded Photo
Montesdaddy's embedded Photo
2nd day of 1st season. I worked this bird for over 3 hours before he finally committed. 3 to 4 inches of crusty snow on the ground made for a tough hunt but all's well that ends well.

27-Apr-16

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Usually don't do this in spring, but didn't make the time to go until the final hour of the last night. With more tags later wasn't too concerned. Quick drive and spotted a couple toms from afar, parked out of sight and hurried (long walk through a creek bottom) to set up along edge of cedar swamp and hay/picked corn field. About 10 minutes later, here they come. Hens went through first, then lead tom spooked and flew when he saw motion in the cedars; the second hadn't spotted me, and a couple soft mouth yelps put him in a nervous half strut at 20-25 yards; a few seconds later as he moved ahead I shot, and hit a little high. He flew off the edge of the field (on a ridge top) and landed in a tree very close to me. A half-minute or less later he wobbled, tried to fly down and hit the ground with the death thrash! Exciting! Also had four deer within range, and saw others on walk in/out.

27-Apr-16
congrats to all, but I want to see bow kills this is bowsite......

27-Apr-16
Razor head: I hear what your saying. But it shouldn't matter. Congrats to everyone who have posted their success. Keep em comin.. :)

02-May-16
Nocturnal8 +1!!!!!

02-May-16
There you go again, trashing hunters who don't conform to your liking. I seem to remember you using a gun to shoot a deer over a bait pile.....;-)

I had a young hunter out this weekend. He insisted on using bullheads. Not my choice, but ok.

The first bird cam in at about 11 yards, he took the shot and hit the bird at the base of the neck and it bounced off. We checked for about 45 minutes and found nothing but feathers. One of the blades of the broadhead broke. So we spend time looking for the broken piece. We didn't find it so back to the blind we go. Another bird came in and was at about 15 yards, it was a clean miss. Lesson learned. We laughed and talked about using the same broadheads he uses on deer and he would have better success.

Lesson learned.

Maybe we can get back out in a later season.

I have the last season and will get out if the weather cooperates.

02-May-16
+1 mike

I took a guy out this weekend. It was tough. We had an opportunity but it didn't work out. The whole weekend was a bust. They were tight lipped. I was so surprised seeing as turkeys are stupid. ;)

We had a shotgun. And still couldn't get it done.

02-May-16
what is wrong with you guys, heck Neverbait said it should not take more than 2 days,,,,,, ha ha

to those who really hunt, we know sometimes, it is not easy......

a lot of computer hunters, who know little

02-May-16
Congratulation on the birds.

02-May-16
The thread dumper RC is back at it again. Yes this is bowsite but that doesn't mean that we can't be happy and support hunter's regardless of the weapon they chose to use does it?

If you want to get technical I thought this site was for bowHUNTERS, not bowPOACHERS like RC is.

02-May-16

Doug's embedded Photo
Doug's embedded Photo

02-May-16
Awesome Doug!! Love the tail fans on jakes.

02-May-16

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Here's one of the Lil' lady who snagged this big boy at 9:45 AM today! We had a blast and she's a happy girl there's no more 4AM curtain calls! LOL

03-May-16
Great! New class being taught by Masterbait, "Trolling the Internet 101." Supplies needed: mommies computer.

03-May-16

Konk1's embedded Photo
Konk1's embedded Photo
My son and I got a double on opening morning of the first season.

05-May-16

rershooter's embedded Photo
Same three toms were roosting in the woods I hunt. For 4 straight days they were tight with hens and would ignore everything I tried. The 5th day they came barreling right in. Shot the biggest 25.2# double beard. 9 3/4" and 9 1/4" Hoyt vector turbo, goldtip arrows, NAP spitfire broadhead, Avaian x decoys.

05-May-16

glunker's embedded Photo
glunker's embedded Photo
My Iowa county Tom from opening day first period. I had to go after him, find him and finish him. 27#. As wild turkey is not the easiest to turn into great table fare, I ground it up for turkey burgers which are easy to cook and spice up. My go to recipe is to add Worcestershire, poupon, salt and pepper. Pan fry and consider adding cheese. Enjoy.

05-May-16
Congrats on getting some nice birds!

18-May-16

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Got this guy this morning. First year turkey hunting, really excited to get one with my bow. Hit him at the base of the neck, and he did his best impersonation of a swan, trying to swim across a pond. So I got to go swimming too!

18-May-16
Wow!! I can imagine watching that! Congrats bud!

19-May-16
Congrats Reggie - NICE bird!

23-May-16

Number 2 for the year.

• Sitka Gear