Mike F 27-Apr-16
RUGER1022 27-Apr-16
RutnStrut 27-Apr-16
razorhead 27-Apr-16
retro 27-Apr-16
razorhead 27-Apr-16
retro 28-Apr-16
27-Apr-16
So my 14 year old daughter is finally able to comfortably/accurately shoot 43lbs. My self imposed minimum is 40lbs, and she is a very small girl. So it took a few years of shooting to get there. She will be shooting GT Xt hunters at 366 grains, that's including a 100 grn head. I know a 2 blade fixed is probably the best choice. I was thinking Magnus Stingers as I've shot them and have a bunch. But I was curious what others have used for their kids, wives, grandkids setups.

27-Apr-16
Magnus stinger is a great head. Maybe give wasp or thunderhead a try.

27-Apr-16
I killed deer and bear using a 42 lb recurve and bear broadheads, Stingers will be just fine.

27-Apr-16
Grandson whacked a 140 lb Buck last year at 28 yards with a Diamond Edge set at 40 lbs with a Carbon arrow tipped with a 100 gr Slick trick .

Deer went 75 yards & crashed .

27-Apr-16
I was considering Slick Tricks as I have had excellent results with them and I have quite a few on hand.

27-Apr-16
although I shoot 125 grains,,,, I would give her 100 grains Ram Cat.... I love this head..... just got back from an exotic hunt, with wounded warriors,,,,, they were impressed with the head

I use to shoot ST's, no way do they fly or are as sharp or devastating as the Ram Cat

but hey shoot what you want, you asked, so this is my opinion

27-Apr-16
Zwickey Eskimo or Delta.

27-Apr-16
retro... those are great heads, but I only if you can put an edge on those heads...... I have shot a lot of trad archery, I have shot a lot of trad heads, and I have seen a lot of wanabees, that can not put an edge on a head..... but they hunt with them anyway.....

I once checked a guys bh's, ww, on a bear hunt, and told him no way, unless he could get them sharp.... that nite, I showed him how to put an edge on them/////

I listened to a lot of crap over the years, that bh's do not to be that sharp..... I do not believe it...

the heads you mentioned are great heads, IF, you can put an edge on them, and I mean a shaving hair sharp edge......

28-Apr-16
You have to knock the laminated tips down first. Once people understand that they arent bad to sharpen. KME works great on the eskimos and tru-angle files on the deltas. I really like the tru-angle file as it also allows you to sharpen the main blades on the 4 blades. If a guy wants to pull his hair out at first, try sharpening the bleeder blades on the 4 blades. :>)

• Sitka Gear