Mike F 29-Apr-16
Helgermite 29-Apr-16
Naz 29-Apr-16
rick allison 30-Apr-16
Bloodtrail 01-May-16
CaptMike 02-May-16
buckmaster69 02-May-16
28-Apr-16
This is obviously an extreme situation. I give the guy lots of credit. There are a number of others with far less disabilities that would use that for an excuse to take the easy route and then there are those lik this guy that accept the challenge. Their rewards are far greater.

29-Apr-16
There's also a pic floating around the net of a little girl with one arm shooting a real bow. I love showing the able bodied crossbow guys that one.

29-Apr-16
Didn't your dad use a X-bow?

29-Apr-16
"He does not consider himself a bowhunter. He knows what he is doing is not bowhunting."

The crossbow season originally was brought in to let the handicapped enjoy the season alongside bowhunters.

Now, with the "it's all about me" and "I am too lazy to try and shoot a bow accurately" attitude that has brought us to where we are today.

Until the attitude changes we will continue to go down this slippery slope.

I applaud all of us that still use the stick and string and continue to fight for our bowhunting heritage.

29-Apr-16
Mike F +1

29-Apr-16
Even with my right shoulder starting to act up (could it be the dreaded rotator cuff we hear so much about from guys in their 50s?), I have zero desire to go to a crossbow.

30-Apr-16
At 62 I had to give up my 65lb Black Widow MAII after more than 25 years after I had my left upper bicep tendon tear off.

I dropped to 52lb with a custom WhippenStick takedown recurve...sweetest shooter I've ever held. I then ordered one of Ken's longbows around the same weight to complete the set.

I am by NO means attempting to put myself in the same realm as the amazing folks pictured above...not even in the same class!!!

But, I enjoy archery and bowhunting in it's purest form and will hang it up when I'm no longer able shoot my stick bows...that's just me. I've no problem with true disadvantaged people using a crossbow to continue a life long passion or activity.

As far as those seeking instant gratification, or taking the easy way...well...my opinions there differ.

01-May-16
Boils down to different stokes for different folk - I would guess.

Do whatever you feel is the best for you and enjoy every minute in the woods!

Hats off to those pictured above - WOW!!

02-May-16
Mike F, that is not true. There was already a way for disabled people to legally use crossbows during the archery season. This was long before crossbows were admitted to be used in their own season by anyone.

02-May-16
Naz ..... I get a shot go cortisone every year. Blood trail ......as long as it does not affect the archery season I can live with it. But .... I will never hunt with one. Those are some pretty awesome archers above.

• Sitka Gear