Contributors to this thread:
Scar Finga 28-Apr-16
Ward's Outfitters 28-Apr-16
Scar Finga 28-Apr-16
Yates 11-Jul-16
Maverick940 11-Jul-16
Scar Finga 11-Jul-16
28-Apr-16
I know this is Bowsite, but I was wondering if anyone has ever used Yavapai Outfitters for a late season rifle hunt? I am considering using a guide for 22N Late season Elk Hunt Nov 25th- Dec 1st. I know this is a pretty tough hunt but any advise is very welcome!

Thanks,

Scarfinga

28-Apr-16
Consider Ward's Outfitters, i have three guides that live in payson and can get you on some nice bulls.

28-Apr-16
Thanks,

I will check you out.

11-Jul-16
I used Yavapai Outfitters in 2011. David P. Was awesome to hunt with. Truly made it a hunt of a life time!

11-Jul-16
There's some really nice bulls in Unit 22N and a few really huge ones. I'd take you, but I'm going to be in Unit 1 during that time-frame. Best bet is to hunt the entire season and to go as remote as possible. However, there are some nice bulls that have learned to hang-out right next to civilization. There's a young guy who's based out of Payson and he knows the unit really well. Off the top of my head I can't think of his name, but he does know the unit and I would imagine that he puts on a pretty good hunt. His name and location can be found on the Department's list of licensed hunting guides.

11-Jul-16
Thanks Guys!!

I have booked with Ward Outfitters... I am very hopeful of filling my tag with a nice bull!

I wish you all luck and hopefully we all have some elk in the freezer come seasons end:)

Scar.

• Sitka Gear