steve 07-May-16
Meat Hunter 09-May-16
yukon roz 09-May-16
bigbuckbob 10-May-16
Ace 10-May-16
06-May-16

nehunter's Link
Moose put down after being struck by SUV in Barkhamsted

BARKHAMSTED (AP) — State police say a trooper shot and killed a seriously injured moose that had been struck by an SUV in Barkhamsted.

A local news outlet reports that troopers from the Canaan barracks were dispatched to Route 179 about a quarter mile north of Route 219 about 4:20 p.m. Thursday.

When they arrived they found that a Chevrolet Trailblazer that had struck a moose.

A trooper killed the animal. No people were injured.

The state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection estimates there are about 100 moose in Connecticut, mostly in the northern areas of the state.

06-May-16
And now there's 99..or was that how many bottles of beer are on the wall ,maybe 99 luft balloons..could've been dreaming of agent 99..gotta go just passin through..lol

06-May-16
notme

ahhhh, so many memories of college come to mind and singing that stupid 99 bottles of beer song while trying to remember how to drive home,.....from one town over. An then there's was my Italian girl friend, amore. In fact, amore several times in one night.

Those were the days my friend I thought they never end,....la, la , la, la, lalala.

07-May-16
Hell dude it should've been easy back then,just had to club em and drag em back to the cave..and wasn't cave painting a college course,at least that's what sister kinichus taught us and she was really old,almost prehistoric...you were around back then Steve ,what do you think..lol

07-May-16
It's funning how a song brings back memories that were long forgotten, nice!

07-May-16
I was trying to stay out of this .

09-May-16
What happens to the moose carcass?

09-May-16
In mass who hits it gets it.Not sure ct. but I bet if you had front end damage they would give it to you.On RT 8 in new boston mass. someone hit a small bull and the police officers gave me the dead bull after they killed it with shot gun.

10-May-16
I believe in CT the same is true, the driver gets first crack at the meat.

10-May-16
They passed a bill several years ago saying Moose and Bears fall under the same category as deer in this way. Wouldn't surprise me if the responding officer forgets to inform you of this however and calls someone else. (Perhaps someone who will come collect the animal, butcher it and share the meat).

I hit a deer a few years ago and the state cop showed up. When I told him I wanted the meat and needed a tag, he said didn't have any of the forms I asked for (thought I'd need it for insurance). He also wasn't allowed to use any of his scarce hollow points to finish off the deer (they had just been issued new handguns and only had 2 mags worth of ammo). So he called a local cop. I offered him some .45 ammo because I happened to have some with me, he said he couldn't accept it. Local cop finally came, finished the deer, and gave me the proper carcass tag.

• Sitka Gear