Contributors to this thread:
AdamSchaar 06-May-16
IdyllwildArcher 06-May-16
AdamSchaar 06-May-16
AdamSchaar 06-May-16
AdamSchaar 06-May-16
IdyllwildArcher 10-May-16
06-May-16
Hey all, there has been a group of 4 coyotes that have set up a trail through the ravine that my parents' house sits on... One is very big, I would guess over 40 lbs. Anyway, they have become more and more brazen, coming all the way up to the fence of my parent's and our neighbor's houses. Every time they do, the dogs go nuts, but more than anything I'm concerned for the dogs' safety. My dad regularly throws rocks and shoots at them with a wrist rocket, but they seem unaffected by this. It's only a matter of time before they hop the fence as far as I'm concerned...

If anyone is interested in helping me eradicate these things I'm located in Los Angeles.. I'm not sure that this site offers private messaging so please E-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping me with this problem. I do not bow hunt and am concerned with legal repercussions of shooting them with a gun myself. I'm not even sure of the legality of shooting them with a bow. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

06-May-16
You have to be 125 yards from any structure to legally shoot anything in CA and that doesn't matter if it's a bow or gun.

06-May-16
Thank you for the reply. I think that since their property is in LA city, there are also issues with firing a gun within the city limits. That distance would be significant in my situation so thank you.

06-May-16
Thank you for the reply. I think that since their property is in LA city, there are also issues with firing a gun within the city limits. That distance would be significant in my situation so thank you.

06-May-16
So if you have to be 125 yards from a structure to shoot does the animal also have to be 125 yards from a structure?

10-May-16
No. Just the shooter.

• Sitka Gear