razorhead 07-May-16
Zinger 07-May-16
Two Feathers 07-May-16
RUGER1022 10-May-16
Zinger 10-May-16
Konk1 10-May-16
bfisherman11 10-May-16
06-May-16
I didn't want to post on a traditional shoot thread but seeing all these traditional only shoots makes me wonder if anyone ever has a no traditional shoot that only allows compounds? Seems kind of prejudice to not allow compounds yet expect to be welcomed at all other shoots doesn't it?

06-May-16
Its absolutely mind boggling what offends people nowadays.

06-May-16
Zinger! But a stick bow!

06-May-16
It doesn't offend me, I'm just wondering why they need to segragate each other. I've always had a good time with pretty much all archers regardless of what bow they shoot.

06-May-16
ANd I think that's why you're called RC and a Fn moron in most threads!

06-May-16
I shoot trad, both recurve and longbow. I attend "regular" shoots whereby I'm usually the only trad shooter or sometimes a couple others.

The courses are set pretty long for my tastes, but it is what it is.

The attraction for me in stricly trad shoots is the camaraderie...almost a rondevous feel. Also, many have vendors in attendance so the opportunity to purchase various trad accouterments is a bonus. Otherwise, on line is the primary shopping.

I like em.

06-May-16
Prejudice ? Get over yourself. It represents a step back in time. Everyone used to shoot that way, now they don't. It's really nice when a group of people can separate themselves from technology and enjoy the way it used to be. Kind of like listening to "oldie's music. Are you being prejudice not listening to current music ? If you can't figure that out, your not to bright. Go somewhere else and start your argument.

06-May-16
It sounded to me like Zinger had a legitimate question/thread. But others were the ones that acted all offended. Well except RC er I mean Bowtech. His response was to stir the pot, as he usually does.

07-May-16
Neverbait, I would actually welcome crossbows at the shoots. Why not? Let's get all hunters together instead of separating us.

07-May-16
I shoot just about everything..... okay a trad shoot is just a different event,,,, its more of a picnic, emphasis, not so much on the shoot, but on equipment and shopping.....

everyone who wants can set up there wares, bows etc, sell and chew the fat.....

its a get together........

The compound shoots are more about competition, scores, and longer lines, ha ha......

both are fun........

07-May-16
Maybe because people don't want to be associated with you RC?

07-May-16
Zinger - It's kind of like not letting girls in at a men's event.

10-May-16
This is very tame compared to the early 70,s when the first compounds started showing up at the bowclubs .

Zinger , give trads a try . I just picked up 3 recurves in a gun trade . Try one out sometime .

10-May-16
RUGER, I have a recurve, it's a take down so I guess it's not very "traditional" and it's a hoot to shoot. I can't hit a darn thing with it though. I have no problem with stick bow shooters I just don't think that we should be segragating other hunters and shooters. I've been to more than my share of 3D shoots that allow any bow you want to bring and I've seen stick bow shooters having a great time even though there were compound shooters there as well. I alway let the stick bow shooters pass through also as they generally take a lot less time than those of us using binoculars, adjustable sights, etc.

10-May-16
Check out the "Bowhunter" magazine put out by the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association, they list almost all the shoots throughout the state.

10-May-16
Here is what I tell the compound guys at our club with regards why compounds are not allowed at our trad shoot.

It is all about the setup. In general at our open shoots the compound guys with high scoring target rigs prefer open shots, straight down the lane and the target in front of a target butt. If they had to contort or shoot around an obstacle and scored poorly or ruined an arrow they would and do get pretty miffed.

At our trad shoots we move more into the woods. Sometimes you can't stand straight up, sometimes you shoot over or under something.

The fact that we are shooting off the main trails at times means we can't back up far enough as well for a compound shot. Obviously the compounds at distances we shoot would tear up a target and actually I think it would not feel very competitive to them.

For us it is not that we are excluding anyone. It is all about the course and the aesthetics of the shot we are trying to depict. We put a lot of thought into each shot, shot angle and distance. It usually translates into compliments from the trad guys for a fun enjoyable course. Trad guys like it but I doubt a compound guy would.

Hope that makes sense. I know some folks at our club understand but others don't. However it seems the ones who the issue with it at our club don't even shoot our open shoots. Ha, go figure.

Bill

• Sitka Gear