saltydog 26-Jun-16
Red Beastmaster 26-Jun-16
Bob Hildenbrand 26-Jun-16
Red Beastmaster 26-Jun-16
RC 27-Jun-16
Phil Magistro 27-Jun-16
hawkeye in PA 28-Jun-16
13-May-16
Re-scheduled W. Pa. Block Shoot 6/25 & 6/26 Hosted by: Herminie #2 Game Assoc. Located at: 219 Cody Rd., Herminie, Pa. 15637 ****************************** ********************** Dates: June 25th and 26th.

Shooter must shoot Saturday in order to compete in the Block Shoot.

Sign in: 8:00 am -9:00 am. Competition starts @ 9:30 am.

Must use Judo points, rubber blunts or similar. Max diameter of point is 1 1/8 inches. Maximum shot distance will be 25 yards. The course will be 22 targets and will consist of 2D targets.

Classes will be mens barebow, womens barebow, and youth barebow. No sights, releases, binoculars or range finders.

There will also be a 15 target 3D course (non- competitve). Open Friday evening.

Free primitive camping beginning 5:00 PM Friday.

The kitchen will be open Saturday for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday breakfast and lunch.

Cost will be $15 dollars for the weekend and youth 12 and under are free.

For more info contact: Bob Hildenbrand at 724-446-9384 or [email protected]. Or visit: http://www.herminiegunclub.com/

13-May-16
Bob, I just reposted this on the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" Facebook page, which has pretty good coverage among our collective Friends and Fellow Archers....

14-May-16
Now we might be able to make that one, unless Roy is coming.

14-May-16
See you there.

14-May-16
A Trad Archery friend is having his High School Graduation event that Saturday; will have to find out the times, and try to make EVERYTHING work out.

22-May-16
Harry...come shoot in the morning, party, then come back over. 3D course is all weekend.

13-Jun-16
ttt

20-Jun-16
So looking forward to this!

23-Jun-16
I hear ya Dave. Will be rolling in tomorrow afternoon.

24-Jun-16
I'll be over late Saturday afternoon, probably for socializing, or being chased off property. Your choice. Sunday has me helping the folks, so I'll be playing that day by ear....

26-Jun-16
If anyone is thinking about going to this event on Sunday, but just doesn't know what a "Block Shoot" is, well....

JUST GO!!

A very challenging AND fun event. And you'll get to see just how good a Trad Archer you really are...!!!

Kudos to ALL THE CREW for their creativity and time spent setting up this event!!

26-Jun-16
This is one of the toughest, but funnest events that I have ever been to. A 22 target course with bracket elimination. If you can knock 6 or better targets off the post (25 yds down to 14) you will most likely move on to the next round. Great shoot put on by Bobby and Cindy Hildenbrand and the crew from Hermine Rod and Gun Club. I highly recommend this shoot for next year.

26-Jun-16
So who won?

26-Jun-16
Of course the ol' Saltyguy liked it. His Mrs, Sharon, won the womens division...lol.

Jeff "Hawkeye in Pa" Frick won the mens division.

Thanks to everyone who helped, attended, and supported the first archery event held at our club in quite a few years. We promise next year will be bigger and better.

26-Jun-16
Congratulations Jeff!

27-Jun-16
Congrats Jeff and Sharon.

Scott, at least someone in the family knows how to shoot:) LMAO

27-Jun-16
Way to go Jeff.

Congratulations to all on what sounds like a great shoot!

28-Jun-16
This was a really fun, challenging shoot. I usually try to avoid competition shoots and went in support of Bob and Cindy. And yes your shooting against someone. But you end up mainly shooting against yourself when you miss a few of them blocks knowing you could have easily hit them.

Thanks for the congratulations even though Herb left me win.

• Sitka Gear