happygolucky 16-May-16
happygolucky 23-May-16
rmansberger 28-Sep-16
Resqpointr 28-Sep-16
razorhead 28-Sep-16
venison 04-Oct-16
Morrkare 06-Oct-16
14-May-16
As I have gotten older my eye site has gotten much worse. I now need trifocal glasses. Beyond 30 yards I cannot keep my bow site pin and the target clearly focused. A clear picture of the site pin requires that I look thru the bottom lense on my glasses but in order for the target to be clear I must look thru the top of my lenses. It's much worse at longer distances. I have heard about peep sites that may correct my problem. Has anyone had any luck correcting the same problem? Thanks

14-May-16
A rear or string peep sight serves to help align your arrow to the target. It has no magnifying power. Basically it is a piece of plastic with a hole in the middle that attaches to your string.

I have many if you want to try one I would give you one to have.

14-May-16
Yes, I have a normal peep on my bow but have heard about special peep sites with magnification lenses in them.

14-May-16
Interesting Peck. Keep us posted on this one.

16-May-16
The magnifier lenses are used to see your pin better but don't help with seeing the target better.

I've been in bifocals for over 10 years and they are really a pain for me too. I too struggle to keep focus on the target outside of 30 yards. I'm OK seeing the pin but last year I went to a wider peep sight and that helped with the pin. It also helps in lower light.

23-May-16

happygolucky's Link
Here's a thread on BGF on the topic.

28-Sep-16
Try Archery Specialty http://www.specialtyarch.com They have clarifier and verifiers that will help you see your pins and clear up the fuzzy edges.

They work with lens in your sight housing or without.

I had a friend try them and he said it was the first time he could see his pins clearly in over 6 years.

They work for me and they will work for you.

Take care.

Rick out

28-Sep-16
Maybe you could try some multi-focal contacts? Talk to your eye doctor. I bet it would do the trick.

28-Sep-16
my friend tried them, they are a pain when the snow flies etc,,,,, you have to do what you have to do.... at least your not going to a crossbow,,,,,,,,,,,,,

new crossbow hanger at my cabin,, is now a washboard out on the porch,,,,, ha ha

04-Oct-16
I have been using verifier for at least 5 years and I love my verifier . Without my verifier I don't know how I would be able to shoot . My archery shop at the time I got my first verifier had the little tool to find out what power you need . This is important to find what power you need. Mine was and still is #2 power, they go up to #5 power . I order my verifier , but you should find a bow shop that has this little card with the 5 different power verifiers so you know that you are getting the right power verifier. Not very many shops have these power cards . Bay city was the last place I have seen them and maybe Hunters den in Lapeer .

06-Oct-16
I'm 67 and have worn progressive lenses for years. I don't have a problem with seeing my pins but the last couple of years I have a hard time getting a clear picture of the target. I can't pick a spot like I used to. Any suggestions? By the way, Adams Archery in Milan has verifiers. Verifiers clear up the pins but do nothing for the target.

• Sitka Gear