Straight Arrow 14-May-16
Straight Arrow 14-May-16
Big D 16-May-16
Casador 18-May-16
Straight Arrow 18-May-16
Wayniac 19-May-16
Casador 20-May-16
14-May-16
Anyone hunt this last year. Is this worth the effort to qualify & attend all the mandatory classes.

14-May-16
Anyone hunt this last year. Is this worth the effort to qualify & attend all the mandatory classes.

14-May-16

16-May-16
Did you receive the application yet?

18-May-16
The hunt was pretty bad last year. Record low numbers in deer harvests, but that can be attributed to the acorns. Prospect sucked really bad, surprisingly.

18-May-16
Yes I received my application and sent!it in for No Branford See what happens

19-May-16
Lots of effort - but worth it if you have no other private properties. I was there in years 1,3, and 5.... lots of deer, but lots of people.

Casador - Last year was abysmal for most people all over the state. I only managed 2 and worked my butt off for them. Deer seemed nocturnal from the heat, and not moving much due to the acorn crop - even on my good property.

On the No Bfd site, they had a huge herd die off a few years back in the bad winter - deer were getting whacked by vehicles on Rt 80 at 2-5 per day. That, plus the resulting lower births, as well as all these additional hunters may have pout a temporary dent in the herd.

Having said that - I think with the abundant crop and mild winter, you may see a lot of twins and triplets this year.... as well as the deer that simply weren't moving during the limited shooting hours there (no Sundays, no evening hunts).

20-May-16
Agreed Wayniac, last year was tough everywhere.

I really had high hopes for Prospect. I didn't see a single mature buck in over 50 stand hours. I'm not sure if I want to give it another shot there this year, or try another one of the properties.

• Sitka Gear