Somersbow 18-May-16
Squash 19-May-16
PSEBow 15-Aug-16
Silverback 29-Sep-16
Mint 30-Sep-16
Squash 01-Oct-16
Teeton 11-Oct-16
15-May-16
4 bald eagles have taken up residence in close proximity to my home, that overlooks a 10 acre man made pond. Each spring it usually is over run with breeding mallards, woodies and geese. That now has changed. I witness daily the Eagles trying to kill the waterfowl on the wing. Haven't seen them make a kill yet, but I'm sure they have, because the waterfowl have become very scarce.

Not happy about another" sacred cow " predator in my area.

15-May-16
I live near the Hudson River, tons of Eagles from Bethlehem all the way down to NYC now. They mostly eat fish and will feed on road kill. I don't mind them at all, great big beautiful bird. I have some awesome video of one acrossed from my house feeding on a dead doe. Shawn

16-May-16
Being a waterfowl hunter I have a problem with them. They eat much more than fish and carion. Just wait a few years, they are everywhere here in NY.

17-May-16
Wayne what part of the state do you live in? I too saw a pair of Baldies in early May. Something I have never seen there before. I am worried about the baby turkeys

17-May-16
We Americans have one great thing that we are some what note for, IF WE DONT LIKE SOMETHING KILL IT! If this $$%% some off just look back at our history. Lets all do what our wonderful president just did with the ban on bald eagles. It is now legal to kill them. As I said we should just kill any thing that gets in our way, that's the American way!

18-May-16
Archer, don't know what you are talking about ? As far as I know you can't even have a bald eagle feather unless your Native American. And furthermore, I think DDT had more to do with the decline in Eagles than man shooting them ?

Plus it's arguable that DDT did more to save lives around the world than it did to harm lives. Saved a lot of people from malaria and other insect born illnesses. Now we have ZIka viruse.

18-May-16
Squash I know about DDT This is not about DDT Just read the news that our president has this year took the band off eagles it is legal NOW TO KILL Also just remember that we tried to removal of all Native Americans and also the African Blacks. We as Americans should really look at what we have done before in history if we don't like something lets remove it

18-May-16
archer, you are misinformed. It is still 100% against federal law to kill eagles. There was no ban that was lifted.

What happened is the USFWS issued a permit for TWO eagles to be killed in Wyoming for native American religious purposes. The tribe filed a lawsuit based on religious practices and won. The issuance of such permits is exceedingly rare.

As Squash pointed out only native Americans can possess eagle parts. Generally they need to obtain them from the government from a federal repository of eagle parts.

Squash, while I feel for you enjoying the nesting ducks in the past, I tend to think the waterfowl just shifted locations to breed to avoid being "sitting ducks" with the predators aloft.

19-May-16
Just talked with the Oneida Nation, they said they'd take care of my eagle problem. :>)

15-Aug-16
My mother lives near East Branch reservoir. She's taken pictures of one for over 5 years now. Still waiting to see it in person though.

29-Sep-16
The president has signed legislation that has increased the number of bald eagles that can be killed by industrial wind turbines. It is my understanding it was a signifecant increase.

30-Sep-16
Saw one at pepacton reservoir this summer.

01-Oct-16
Darn bird chopping, ice throwing, taxpayer subsidized wind turbines.

Wish someone would build one next to my duck marsh, to kill those Eagles , and pay me big money for building it on my property so I can retire ?

Can wind turbines distinguish between Eagles and waterfowl ?

11-Oct-16
I live in Northeast PA about 25 miles northeast of Sranton and about 25 miles west of the Delaware river. I see them all the time the last few years. There's 2 nests that I know of. Ones just 3 miles up the road from me right in the town of Uniondale and the other is in a tree right above my friend Ksthys house on a lake called Newton Lakre

• Sitka Gear