10BUCKS 15-May-16
Jeff in MN 15-May-16
Mike F 16-May-16
Amoebus 16-May-16
MF 16-May-16
Mike F 16-May-16
Bloodtrail 16-May-16
15-May-16
After all the prep time, and stand time, and the harvesting of a deer, and grinding, mixing, packing sausage(potato and Italian) my freezer failed and I lost it all. About 60 lbs. of venison sausage and burger, the backstraps along with about 40 perch fillets, and what was left of my frozen sweet corn. Totally bummed out over the waste of the animal. It's going to be a long summer...

15-May-16
Same thing happened to me about a year ago. My fault too because we were going to be gone for a while so I tripped the electric breaker for the well. Problem is I tripped the freezer breaker next to it by mistake. It sucks.

16-May-16
I had that happen only once, and I was in Oregon. I came home to a huge mess.

I bought a freezer alarm, power outage alarm and high water alarm app for my phone.

It has saved me a couple of times. I think they are well worth the investment.

16-May-16
Mike - which app and how well have they worked? Did you test them outside of the freezer to see if they tripped your app?

My pop had a power outage last year while we were hunting in MT, but got back before the freezer thawed. The fridge lost all contents, but the majority of the food was still good in the freezer.

16-May-16
Always a good idea to check freezers often. Even if it goes out you should be good for a couple days before things go bad and that depends on how full or empty the freezer is. I remember our fridge freezer went out at our cabin, my mother had about 10 frozen bread dough in there. When we returned to the cabin it looked like the movie "The Blob" coming out of the fridge. What a mess.

16-May-16
Amoebus-

I sent you a PM

16-May-16
Been there and done that! It really sucks!

Better days ahead -

• Sitka Gear