Big-Otis-Jeff 17-May-16
sundaynwv 17-May-16
buff 22-May-16
sundaynwv 23-May-16
mudflap 06-Jun-16
Big-Otis-Jeff 07-Jun-16
sundaynwv 07-Jun-16
16-May-16
sundaynwv, With Jackson County now joining the ranks of Sunday hunting counties in WV, I am sure this gives many other counties hope that they too can earn this right. However, I imagine that out of the remaining 33 counties some are high target areas for victories and some are danger zones for losses. Also, I realize that none of these counties will be successful without a lot of grass roots work at the local level including a funding a budget to pay for advertising. What type of county needs to be a high priority and what type of county is a danger zone? Also, what amount of work is needed and what kind of a budget is realistic??

16-May-16
Some counties should not be tried, those are counties that had a horrible showing in the election of 2002. We have been highly successful and only experienced one major defeAt. That defeat was in Lewis County, which had the lowest yes vote of the ten counties we have tried. For reference they were 31 percent in 2002. We lost with 43% in 2014. Monroe and Pendleton had 19 and 22 percent in 2002. They should never be tried.

A Fe more wins in select counties, a change in the political arena, and some luck will give us Sunday hunting before we know it. Assuming we do not suffer any defeats.

Also, it is a costly and time consumptive endeavor. Getting it on the ballot is the easy part. I assume Kanawha county would take 30k to win so one must look at funding options and if you want to bet the bank on a winner or one that's going to lose.

16-May-16
Are the counties that are "questionable" to try for grouped together, or are they scattered throughout?

17-May-16
Scattered.

We have a well-thought out game plan that should lead to eventual rights for all counties. The death wish is putting a county on the ballot that will not pass or putting a county on the ballot without any regards to finances.

Overall, we have targeted rural counties that had a better vote in 2002. However, even counties like Mason and Jackson have each cost more than multiple other counties combined.

17-May-16
With that being said, what counties are up next?

17-May-16
We are hoping to secure the Mid-Ohio Valley, see a change in the house so majority leader Tim Armstead is no longer such a one man roadblock, and see great progress in the no election year of 2017.

22-May-16
Is there anything non-residents can do to help?

23-May-16
Let any family members from WV know about it. Letters to editor of the newspaper in a county where you hunt. Support the National Shooting Sports Association.

06-Jun-16
http://wvmetronews.com/2016/06/06/kanawha-county-planning-commission-to-hear-about-sunday-hunting/

Just seen this on metro news.

James

07-Jun-16
Interesting......Is this a good move? The commission setting this up? I mean, I am all for Sunday hunting but the way Cory and everyone has been taking it on, seems to work.

07-Jun-16
HORRIBLE IDEA THAT WILL HURT THE ENTIRE STATE! We can either win 32 or lose one.

No plan for the 30k that it would cost to campaign in Kanawha. No research to know that 68% of voters voted no in Kanawha in 2002.

This will set back Sunday hunting for years if it gets on the ballot and fails.

• Sitka Gear