Saxton 19-May-16
Big-Otis-Jeff 19-May-16
Ron Miller 19-May-16
Little Bear 19-May-16
sundaynwv 20-May-16
Jim Casto Jr 20-May-16
Ron Miller 21-May-16
17-May-16
So I am thinking of taking my son and nephew on a bear hunt in the spring of 2017 for a graduation present for my son, and early graduation for my nephew.

Looking for a place that i could drive to. Not really looking to score Booners or giants( would be a bonus).

Looking for something that would not kill me financially that i could swing.

I was thinking Ontario...

Anyone have any ideas or go to outfiters?

17-May-16
A lot of us WVBA members used to hunt regularly with Ronald Henry in Quebec. It was a good place with reasonable rates. I went three times and killed two bear.

It was more of self-guided deal. He had active baits and you hung your stands and re-baited while hunting. Fishing was okay in some places.

Don't know how it is now, but it may be worth checking in to.

http://www.ronhenryguideservice.com/hunting.html

17-May-16
I'll put in a plug for Barton's Wilderness Adventures. I and 7 others hunted with Bruce Barton and 6 of us took bear, the other two had opportunities but were holding out for a big one as they had bear hunted other times. Bruce has been donating to the WVBA for several years now and I've never heard of anyone not having a good experience. I think his hunts are $1,400 US. Meals and lodging in a rustic cabin were provided. The cabin called Green Wings was more modern and closer to the lake for fishing. His ad is in the VOICE. PM if you want more information.

18-May-16
Flint River Lodge in Ontario has PLENTY of bears. A friend of mine is friends with the owners and goes every year.

He just got back and he killed a bear 20 minutes of being in stand. His wife saw 15 bears before shooting the one she wanted during their week of hunting.

19-May-16
Is Ontario still fall only?

19-May-16
Corey, This Spring you can hunt Ontario.

God bless,

Ron

19-May-16
Ontario is supposed to open spring bear hunting again next spring.

19-May-16
Thanks for all the info...will be checking with all the above

19-May-16
This year is the 1st time in 16 years that you will be allowed to hunt this Spring 2016, should be lot's of bear !

God bless ya,

Ron

19-May-16
I saw on the Bear forum that Ontario is doing something with the # of permits they are providing for non residents. Be sure to check into that if going to Ontario.

I don't think this applies to New Brunswick where Barton's is located.

Good luck with your pursuits.

20-May-16
Why is Ontario opening spring season? I hope they realized they were very wrong.

20-May-16
From an article in one of their newspapers--The Star:

"Both cabinet ministers cited concerns about human-bear conflicts and bear hunting as a tourism draw as the motivation behind the initiative. Currently, the only two provinces in Canada without a spring bear hunt are Nova Scotia and Ontario."

21-May-16
Jimmy, Looks like they are hunting PINE ACRES BEAR CAMPS THIS SPRING, course I could be wrong ! I was Once, just can't remember when it was, lol

God Bless ya,

Ron

They will Again see Major Changes for next year

• Sitka Gear