happygolucky 26-May-16
Sarah 27-May-16
Zinger 27-May-16
TD Bauer 31-May-16
CaptMike 02-Jun-16
happygolucky 02-Jun-16
19-May-16

Jeff in MN's Link
When this subject came up a while ago I did not realize they were already on the shelf in stores. Cabelas has them so take a look if you get to a Cabelas and they have one in stock.

I don't like the name, they do not resemble a bow at all. They don't even resemble an xbow. But I do see them being way more lethal (essentially a gun) than any bow or xbow. They eliminate all the down sides associated with crossbows and bows. If they ever get legalized for deer hunting it should be gun licensed hunters only and then institute a one buck only law.

I wonder how well they work in cold weather. Might be prone to icing up.

I am also a bit disappointed in Jim Shockey promoting them. Ultimate proof that it is all about the money.

19-May-16
looks like a poaching machine to me.

19-May-16
They could someday be a legal hunting weapon. That would be a sad day.

19-May-16
If those become legal here in Wisconsin during the archery season, that will be the day the WDNR ceases to get any money from me for any license of any kind. I agree with hogthief.

19-May-16
are they loud? I can see wanna be trophy heroes cruising non-huntable, city bucks and shooting them from the cab of the truck and claiming them as archery kills. i know. you can't legislate morality.

19-May-16
These aren't new. A friend and I had pretty much the same thing 20 years ago. We just called them are bolt gun.

19-May-16
yup, I can just hear at the spring CC hearing; we got to get the 3yrs old out to hunt and they should not be limited from kilingl a deer, the future of hunters are at risk and must get involved. Once the door is open it is no stopping what comes through the door, same rational since the compound to the x-bow and now this, but the kids just get younger and one cannot argue against the kid factor either; no country for old men.

19-May-16
I think it would be fun to try and shoot coyotes with. I hope it never becomes legal for hunting

19-May-16
I don't care for these but to call them a poachers dream is not really true. If a person is going to poach they are going to do it regardless of the weapon. Heck I have a300 black out upper for my AR with a silencer on it, with sub sonic ammo all you hear is the bolt working and if I turn the gas port open you wouldn't even hear that, and I'm not driving around the city shooting deer in the parks.

20-May-16
We have 90% let off compounds and now crossbows. What is the difference if we have airbows? The challenge of bowhunting by the masses has been on the decline for almost fifty years now.

20-May-16
quite a stretch having bow in the name. Should be called the Dumbgun. They've updated the poachers dream, aluminum arrow in a 410 shell.

20-May-16
Crossbows and airguns are not bowhunting. Therefore, we are losing bowhunter numbers as more and more " use to be bowhunters" switch to crossbows.

20-May-16
Wisconsin, we're open for business

20-May-16
The public will continue to embrace every advancement that makes it easier, just as they have all along. As these advancements in technology march on, you will have your usual group of liberal whiners coming up with all sorts of delusional reasons why this technology should be allowed for the betterment of the sport as a whole.

20-May-16
Many of you sound like the gun grabbers, a tool does not make a person a poacher or a criminal. Will this not make an honest person into a violator just like a 30 round magazine will not make mass murderer.

I don't see this being legal in the state nor any interest in making it legal, it's just a neat little toy to play around with. It is probably legal in some of the more free states that allow airguns for deer also.

21-May-16
Another sign of the impending apocalypse.....

21-May-16
they do not concern me in the least,,,,,,,, probably will see them on the outdoor channel though, and some chest thumping,,,,

and oh yes just a matter of time, another brain dead legislator in Wis, will here from his crying brother in law, why they are not legal, and of course he will get a bill together, and get it to the floor......

while others have to go to a CC meeting, and wait years for a good suggestion, to be implemented....

22-May-16
At this stage in Wi. bowhunting it would be better to just go generic, choose your weapon and tag and go hunting. This is prime example of what a liberalism causes, many can participate but the quality is greatly diminish, Roy Case must be weeping to see what has happen to bow hunting. Just make it a generic season and end the bleeding.

22-May-16
Do you really think that Roy Case would not be using a compound bow if he were alive today? Heck if he was in his 80's or 90's and still able to get around what are the odds he would be using a crossbow so he could still get out hunting? I'm betting the majority of hunters on here use compounds which are far from traditional.

22-May-16
what does liberalism have to do with it? last time I checked, things are run pretty much by conservatives here,,,,,,, not picking a fight, just stating a fact..........

I could care less what you lean to

22-May-16
Lol, the yrs I went to the CC hearings I never heard anyone putting a restriction method on bowhunting ( x-bow was stopped for a while) it was always pushing for a easier way to kill deer in bowhunting or stacking get the deck. There are somethings that should have been left alone but it has not and we got to deal with it or get out. Razor, you may want to stay out of the Target restroom, never know what may be leaning into you. Enjoy the hunt.

22-May-16
I agree, I would not buy a cracker, at a Target store, but only because they are and support anti trapping legislation...... you would be surprised who do not support trappers,,,,,,,,,

xbow came, again out of the whining of our politicians in Madison, and that is a fact, and it was all about a buck, anyway.....

they have no place in any archery season, should have left them, in the lessor weapon rule, but that can has already been kicked....

22-May-16
Don't loose sight of the fact that xbow was approved on a provisional basis. There is the slight possibility that the crossbow season could be significantly shortened or moved under the gun license. It is a long shot but possible given that the archery kill is already extremely high for xbows.

22-May-16
If they reduce the xbow season, Jeff, than I will buy you a steak dinner at the place of your choice, not under this state politicians,,,,,

hope your right though,,,, stay well

22-May-16
I'm with Jeff on this one. It is a provisional set up and it can go away if enough people act on it. I fear that it is more likely that people will just whine about it and do nothing.

In my opinion it was misrepresented as a way to get more people to participate in the outdoors sports. It has been shown that this is not the case and the vast majority of people who are using a crossbow already were hunters. The success rate is very lopsided as well. The percentage of bucks harvested with crossbows is multiples of that with gun or bow.

This was primarily about selling a lot of crossbows.

22-May-16
The mechanism is in place. As Skookumjt said, it will take more than whining on a Archery website to get anything changed. Let your legislators know you do not like the high success rate that crossbows have brought to a primitive weapons season. This will only happen by motivating the gun hunters.

23-May-16
Ran into a friend when I was musky fishing this weekend. Told me his son went to a crossbow. Wanted more of a challenge. I told him don't start that. Then he proceeded to tell me how hard it was to get a deer with a crossbow., How heavy they are, noisy and only shoot up to thirty yards. I was laughing so hard....... I hope were still friends.

23-May-16
Buck, people cannot be that ignorant. They know the capabilities of the crossbow, they just do not want to admit why they really use one.

23-May-16
"Let your legislators know you do not like the high success rate that crossbows have brought to a primitive weapons season. "

I didn't know we had a primitive archery season. I thought compounds were always allowed in archery season. They are FAR from primitive but much closer than xbows. Good try for affect though.

xbows are going nowhere. Money won the first time and it will win every time. The guv signed it after a resounding 96-0 vote after the public voted them down numerous times. The guv ain't rescinding. More pockets would be lined before that could ever happen.

23-May-16
Its the nature of the new generations to go the easy way on everything . The " hunters " that use crossbows with buy the air bows . Then our DNR will " look " for expanded hunting opportunies . Being pushed by the NRA .

Whatta joke .

24-May-16
Happy, the statement was made based on the success rates of the weapons. Had you spent 10 seconds to look into something before opening your mouth you'd have seen the disparity. However, that hasn't happened in the past so there should be no expectation for it to happen in the future.

Nice try though.

24-May-16
" the high success rate that crossbows have brought to a primitive weapons season"

Yikes Mike. Why get your undies in such a bundle when you are flat out wrong and pining for affect? Did you not say crossbows were part of a primitive weapons season? For your information, we don't have a primitive weapons season in WI. Carry on...

24-May-16
happy, I love some of that states that do have a "primitive weapons season" and what they allow in it. Luisianna has one and they allow any rifle as long as it's a single shot with a bore at least 35 caliber. There are now a bunch of people hunting with H&R Toppers in 35 Whelen, not very primitive IMO but then again the Topper and the 35 Whelen have both been around longer than the compound bow.

24-May-16
No bundles here Happy. Opposite of you, I work to get things done, not just shoot cheap shots from the comfort of home.

Carry on...

25-May-16
I don't give a rats a$$ what other states have or do for their seasons. I just worry about Wisconsin.

26-May-16
" I work to get things done, not just shoot cheap shots from the comfort of home. "

No cheap shot at all Captain. I was just educating you in that we don't have a primitive season in WI. I thought you would have known that. A simple Thank You for the edification would have sufficed. Now go get 'er done.

27-May-16
Wisconsin had a primitive weapon bowhunting season...then they allowed compounds.

Same with muzzleloading, then they allowed inlines.

The vast majority of "hunters" want things easy.

27-May-16
In line ML's really didn't make the season any easier, pyrodex, Power Belt bullets, scopes, etc. made it into essentially a single shot rifle season. Make it so you have to use loose powder, and a patched round ball, and open sites.

31-May-16
Cool... traditionalist shun compound and crossbow users, compound users shun crossbow users... crossbow user can now shun airbow users if/when they are made legal to hunt with.

Makes me wonder what is coming next...

02-Jun-16
Happy, that I have educated you on more than a few issues is what prompts you to make your valueless cheap shots. I understand you are hurt and wanting retribution. If it helps you heal, "Thank You!"

02-Jun-16
You're welcome Captain. Accepting that you are wrong, which is probably a first for you (accepting such a thing), is a positive step for you. Congrats!

• Sitka Gear