Gusto 02-Jun-16
RUGER1022 03-Jun-16
Gusto 03-Jun-16
Screwball 03-Jun-16
glunker 17-Jun-16
buff 18-Jun-16
Drummer Boy 18-Jun-16
02-Jun-16
Anyone ever purchased hunting land via a WI Land Contract agreement vs a "traditional" mortgage (or did you simply buy hunting land outright with no financing)? Pro's/con's/things to think about and consider?

03-Jun-16
Land contracts seldom have a happy ending .

03-Jun-16
for the buyer, the seller, or both? I've read some articles online about the pro's and con's of them, but they are pretty vague. For sure there are less regulatory protections for both the buyer and the seller with a Land Contract. With the stricter lending rules now, I'm wondering how easy/hard it is to get traditional financing for hunting land.

03-Jun-16
We have bought several pieces on land contract and traditional loan. The Land contract works very well during high interest rate times. Language needs to be firm all around. Set up through qualified lawyer. Never had an issue with Land contracts. Usual issues we have heard of from friends and family that had issue were buyers abusing property then not paying. Need to set up cutting, logging, field rental, etc, etc. Cover it all. Usually field rental and logging will go to original landowner to pay off loan. Had a neighbor sold on land contract the guy asked can I cut firewood. Original owner said sure. Guy cut every tree and sold it for firewood then stopped making payments. S hipped wood to Minneapolis 150.00 per cord. 200 acres that's lots of money.

17-Jun-16
A land contract needs an attorney oversight but that might wreck the deal also. Agreeing ahead on points is key, it is alot about communication in my opinion.

18-Jun-16
If buying or selling on land contract, treat the land as leased until it's paid for I full. Any and all money made from property goes directly to Landowner

18-Jun-16
Nothing wrong with a land contract keeps banks out of the deal and saves both parties money.

• Sitka Gear