killinstuff 31-Aug-16
Jon Stewart 31-Aug-16
razorhead 01-Sep-16
04-Jun-16
http://animalrange.montana.edu/documents/extension/trophyantlers.pdf

05-Jun-16

Jodie's Link

12-Jun-16
Always believed MI should go to a one buck limit and mandatory registration....but thats just common sense from a common man.

13-Jun-16
Fuzz I have been saying that for the past 10 years.

29-Aug-16
The suggestion of mandatory deer registration has been presented for many years and has been supported by many deer hunters and organizations. There has been organizations that offered to cover the registration stations so it did not cost the DNR as much. Even individuals have volunteered to get involved. But for some reason the state will not implement it. Now with the loss of antler less deer hunting opportunity and xguns in October it should be implemented more than ever. It will be many years before antler deer recover to a point they will be hunted again because the NRC will not admit their mistake so the best thing for them to do is to construct a registration system requiring the type of tool used for harvesting the deer. Many will lie but it is getting closer to a management process than what they have been doing..

31-Aug-16
You want to go with what Montana does? You want to have to draw for all your tags? That's how it is here on all big game. How's that going to go over with the guys that have been hunting 50 years and didn't get drawn for a puny deer tag?

I happen to be sitting here in Montana for opening day of Sharptails and trust me, they don't have game over running the country side and why they have a draw. Michigan is a grocery store for game compared to here. Montana just has sexier critters that can sport a lot of horn and antler. I like APR but don't need 150" bucks to make my day.

31-Aug-16
We have had the APR in the area I hunt for 4 years now . Not only do we having larger racked bucks but we have more deer.

I think one of the reasons for more deer is more early and late deer are let go because the hunter is not sure what is on the head. A larger deer may come thru but not knowing for sure if the deer is a spike or not it is let go. At least that is what we have been doing.

It would almost be impossible to have mandatory deer checks because of the amount of hunters. Right now it is hard to get your deer checked on a volunteer basis with the limited employees at the DNR stations.

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

01-Sep-16
I agree with killinstuff I could have easily lived in Montana or Colorado,,,,,, hunted both etc,,, I like the UP, because I like to trout fish, without crowds, or trying to get access,,,,,

I would like to see registration,,,,, as far as one buck, I would only say, you do have restrictions here if you want two bucks already,,,,,,,

I would support it, if it was based on real science and not political science......

UP deer need young forest and good habitat, only way to survive bad winter and predators,,,,,,

• Sitka Gear