deerstalker 07-Jun-16
Birdman 07-Jun-16
longbeard 07-Jun-16
steve 07-Jun-16
Birdman 07-Jun-16
notme 07-Jun-16
tompolaris 07-Jun-16
07-Jun-16
Hi all shoulder damage has forced me to convert to a cross bow. Bought a new Parker from Cabelas this weekend and they recommended the "block" for a target. Problem is the bolts go all the way into the target and having to pull all the way thru have wrinkled the fletching. Question one is what targets do you guys use and question two is can the fletching be straightened by light heat or do they need to be replaced. Rick

07-Jun-16
use the bag type targets, they stop the bolt and it comes out easy, some of the blocks were very tuff to get the bolt out. Never had it go in so far that I had to pull it out the back.

07-Jun-16
I have that same target, solution, shoot at 30yards plus.

07-Jun-16
I have the Block for crossbows also. I haven't shot through as far as you describe but trying to pull them out is a workout in itself. Very hard to do for sure. deerstalker has a great solution but I also think as the Block gets torn up over time my shots will start to go through, but will get easier to pull out

07-Jun-16
I use a bag type target they stop my bolts until it wears out .I just reflect my own .Steve

07-Jun-16
Two things to make it easier to pull bolts out, bolt lube (go ahead Notme) like Woody's or Scorpion Venom and a Bednar Puller ( I have the one made by Tenpoint). Works great together for pulling bolts.

07-Jun-16
WHAAAAAT..LOL

07-Jun-16
For $19,95 they sell a bag target to take with you to discharge your arrow after the hunt. It's small and works fine 2 years and still going fine. At that price you can get a few. Bolts pull out fine field points only I believe

• Sitka Gear