Wild Bill 07-Jun-16
bigbuckbob 08-Jun-16
Bloodtrail 08-Jun-16
tompolaris 08-Jun-16
BOWMEN 08-Jun-16
Will 08-Jun-16
shawn_in_MA 10-Jun-16
07-Jun-16
How long and how heavy is your stabilizer, and does anybody shoot without one? I'm shooting without and not sure if it would help, worth the added weight??

07-Jun-16
I used to use a 12" dish style stab for 3d, indoor and hunting. I think it weighs around 15oz. Now I use a 10" stab with some added weight on the end, I think around 13oz. I don't know the exact physics behind the weight and length but I do know it helps with vibration and a heavier bow in general tends to be a little more stabil. I've never shot without one although the s coils do nothing more than take away some vibration.

07-Jun-16
I have a Cobra 12oz mounted with a folding knuckle, maybe 6" when extended.

I believe they are worth the added weight, and should tighten up your groups.

08-Jun-16
Try shooting both ways and closely track the results. If your groups are tighter one way or the other, that's your answer. You might be able to save your money and carry less weight afield.

I use because I'm old and not too stable :)

08-Jun-16
Buy a B Stinger 8" hunter version. You can even adjust the weights for the front if desired. It works great, will help balance your bow for a steadier shot, quiet your bow and reduce the hand shock.

08-Jun-16
Thanks guys, it's worth a try. Lots to chose from. thanks

08-Jun-16
I agree with Bloodtrail,I shoot the same one,I have tried the six inch one and it seam not to put the weight out enough,Try the 8 inch,Good luck

08-Jun-16
I'm happy with my ancient octane - it's about 8", with a floppy rubber connection to a some what heavy "ball" I keep debating a B-Stinger but haven't pulled the trigger.

That said, I'm definitely a better shot with a stabilizer than without.

10-Jun-16
I suggeast looking at the Doinker Platinum hunter or the Doinker Unity Hunter packages. Some of the best stabilizers made period.

• Sitka Gear