AvidSportsman 09-Jun-16
AvidSportsman 09-Jun-16
SILVERADO 09-Jun-16
featfan 10-Jun-16
spike78 10-Jun-16
longbeard 10-Jun-16
Bloodtrail 10-Jun-16
09-Jun-16
Seeing how many turkeys I saw this year, and knowing how limited time I had to hunt, I was wondering why the state doesn't have the CT turkey season start earlier in april? I was considering mailing the state to see if they'd consider extending our turkey season. Any thoughts on the subject? Do you guys think we should have a longer turkey season in the state of CT?

09-Jun-16
Seeing how many turkeys I saw this year, and knowing how limited time I had to hunt, I was wondering why the state doesn't have the CT turkey season start earlier in april? I was considering mailing the state to see if they'd consider extending our turkey season. Any thoughts on the subject? Do you guys think we should have a longer turkey season in the state of CT?

09-Jun-16
I got the survey as well, I'm in agreement season needs to start about 2 weeks earlier, maybe same day as trout opener. Not necessarily a longer season just earlier

10-Jun-16
I got a survey as well, I will make the same comment. Start the season mid April.. It's easier to hunt with less green, any plenty of birds..

10-Jun-16
5 bird limit is insane. I'm from MA but if I lived in CT I would oppose that limit. Your turkeys would go the way of your deer herd.

10-Jun-16
Season doesn't need to start earlier from a biological stand point. In my opinion season dates are just about right if you take the weather and gobbling peaks in to consideration over say a 5 year average. Just because you didn't hear/see that many birds this year doesn't mean it should be changed. And certainly not just because of your time limitations. This year in particular was a bit strange due to the early warm weather we had. There were plenty of good gobbling days during the season and plenty of birds to be had.

10-Jun-16
I would start the season in early April and end it in early May. Make it two birds either state or private.

No way the season should be longer.

• Sitka Gear