Lefthand Hunter 16-Jun-16
David Mitchell 17-Jun-16
Little Bear 19-Jun-16
David Mitchell 19-Jun-16
Lefthand Hunter 20-Jun-16
4 under 03-Jul-16
David Mitchell 03-Jul-16
13-Jun-16
Since Elk River Bowhunters' Assoc. and Kanawha Valley Traditional Archers have closed I have had problems finding any place to shoot around the Charleston area. Does anyone know of clubs or other places to shoot within reasonable distance of here? I have been to Sod archery range a couple of times but is there anywhere else?

14-Jun-16
A few bale targets at Cato Park.

Hope you can make it up to ABA for the Summer Rendezvous like the good ole days.

14-Jun-16
I plan to be there, Ed. The good ole days sure would be good again. I miss the shoots and shooting partners from back a few years.

14-Jun-16
I've said it before and I will repeat it again. There are to many options in today's society. Kids can play every sport known to man year round, adults have 100's of activities going on every day. Until we choose to simplify our lives, the activities that require effort to become efficient in will become obsolete. We live in an instant gratification world. I myself have been caught up in it. I tried to do everything I could, leaving no time to become proficient in any one task. I've been learning to say no, it's amazing how much time you can free up. Spending time with family is what my focus has become. Been doing a lot of fishing lately. Me and the boys are loving it.

James

15-Jun-16
I couldn't have said it better than that, James. So true. I don't know why people want to complicate their lives as we often do. Some of it is unavoidable, I suppose, but a lot we do have control over. You put your finger on the key--learn to say "no".

15-Jun-16
Well said James. I totally agree. Instant gratification and greed. That has become the American way. I myself am slowing down too. Life is short. I think it is a shame there is no place in the Charleston area to shoot with all of the hunters down that way.

16-Jun-16
Hey Dave, Don't you live in Hurricane? If so I can take you to FMC club to shoot. It's members only, but I can bring a guest. PM me if you would like to go sometime. They have a practice range as well as a 3D course back through the woods.

17-Jun-16
Ron, I live in Charleston but that's not far from FMC. I know where that is and may take you up on the kind offer sometime.

19-Jun-16
Be careful Ron, Dave is a "lefty" too and he'll show you those beautiful longbows and soon you'll be wanting to shoot traditional. LOL! In fact, I'm sure Dave would even let you try his out.

19-Jun-16
Absolutely! I can't withhold such joy when it is my power to grant it. :o)

20-Jun-16
You know, I've kind of been wanting to try one of those.

03-Jul-16
There are 5 curlex bales at Cato Park.

Just put up new poster targets on 3 of them.

These 5 bales/stalls are actually donations from ERBA when they closed July 1, 2014.

03-Jul-16
Yes, Tom, I saw those the other day.

• Sitka Gear