Mike in CT 20-Jun-16
bigbuckbob 20-Jun-16
GF 20-Jun-16
Birdman 21-Jun-16
bigbuckbob 21-Jun-16
notme 21-Jun-16
bigbuckbob 21-Jun-16
20-Jun-16
Not what you think. Had my driveway paved about a month ago and had one of my cams was in the garage waiting to go back out. Left the garage doors open to make it easier for them to compact right up to the garage. Noticed the owners brother in and out of the garage and asking alot of questions. Before they left I shut the doors and made sure nothing obvious was missing. Went to get the camera this weekend to put it back out and guess what? It was gone. Cant be sure but I think that Tool (and trust me he was a Tool) took my camera. What a POS!!!

Lessened learned, make them earn every penny they charge and dont trust people to always do the right thing!!

If anyone here is thinking of having their driveway paved befor you do PM me and I will tell you who not to use.

20-Jun-16
Society meltdown...sucks bud

20-Jun-16
Birdman,

Just a thought for you to mull over; make a phone call to the owner of the business and let him know you had a trail camera in the garage, you'd recently inventoried the garage to assess your hunting supply needs (and have the list of what you had in the garage), and that the camera went missing after the work was done; the call is to try to work this out without any fuss; my camera shows back up I don't ask any questions, we're done.

Hopefully the owner is a good egg and knows bad publicity isn't what he wants and he gets the camera back to you.

If he stonewalls you I'd politely tell him I will be getting the word out about my camera growing legs....

Sorry to hear and I hope it works out for you.

20-Jun-16
Bird

Mike's idea is a good one. Give him a chance to make it right.

20-Jun-16
+1 - It's almost never a bad idea to offer someone a chance to make things right.

Almost always a good thing to offer someone a second chance after they've owned up on a bad decision.

And always, always, always a good idea to trust your gut about people.

21-Jun-16
Thanks for the thoughts Guys, I appreciate them! That said, the "Tool" happens to be the owners brother and I had already discussed said "Tool's" attitude with the owner, he didn't really seem to care. I also had several issues with the job, which the owner did make right (after paying an extra 16%). I have already let the owner know that I will not be making and referrals due to job issues. I doubt my camera would return even if I brought it to his attention. It was $50 camera at that price I can replace it. At this point all I can do is get word out that these guys are a bit on the shady side.

21-Jun-16
Birdman

if he has a website go on it and leave feedback that describes the job he did and that you believe one of his workers took something from your garage.

If it were me, I'd leave the worst feedback possible.

21-Jun-16
Dude you shouldn't have had to pay anything if it was included in the scope of the job..go on the BBB website and make a complaint..nooo BBB,not your website.ewwwwww...lol

21-Jun-16
notme - I get complaints all the time on my website, know what I mean ;)

• Sitka Gear