Contributors to this thread:
Tajue17 20-Jun-16
Little Bear 20-Jun-16
gobbler 20-Jun-16
Doug 21-Jun-16
Tajue17 21-Jun-16
Doug 21-Jun-16
20-Jun-16
Hello everyone, I'm planning on visiting WV this year I believe we are going to Upshur county somewhere I think rock cave to visit some folks that have nothing to do with hunting. well wanted to look into any guides in the area because I'm a total non resident and don't want to step on any toes and I really don't know where I'm going and would like to do a long weekend non-trophy meat hunt even if its only does I'd love to hunt while I'm there.

anyone you guys recommend, its for archery only and I use both modern and traditional.

thanks Ted in Mass

20-Jun-16
My best advice not being from the area is to contact our DNR and get their advice on some public land near where you will be visiting.

I'm not aware of any guides in WV.

Best of luck.

20-Jun-16
There are a few deer outfitters in WV but I don't know of any in Upshur County.

21-Jun-16
If you are in Rock Cave, you are only about half hour form Stonewall Jackson and Stone Coal Lake parks. Both are open to hunting and you would not need a guide. They are in Lewis and Upshur counties. There are some nice cabins there also, if you are interested.

21-Jun-16
hey everyone thanks for the posts and advice,

I will try contacting the parks to see if there is any info on their websites about hunting and cabin rental...

Doug if your from that area do you know a butcher in that area or even a local who's good with a knife that could do a quick chop job and get rid of the bones for me,,. I have one big cooler so 1 big deer OR 2 medium deer is all I can fit for the ride home.

thanks again.

21-Jun-16
A friend of mine has some cabins that are real nice. Located between both lakes. Good price I think about $110 per night, the last time I stayed there. Lakeview Cabins, 304-269-5813 If you get a cabin at the park, they are a lot more expensive. There is one butcher shop in town of Weston. Coles (304) 269-1290 There are a couple other locals but I think they just start up in gun season.

• Sitka Gear