nehunter 24-Jun-16
notme 24-Jun-16
Straight Arrow 07-Jul-16
Richm444 12-Jul-16
Richief 08-Aug-16
Emmitt 13-Aug-16
21-Jun-16

Richm444's Link
For the first time ever I am getting eaten alive by chiggers- anybody have experience dealing with these things?

They are so small you cannot see them and they itch so bad you scratch until you bleed.

Only exposed areas are getting bit - legs below knees- arms below short sleeve

21-Jun-16
My son and I have been having the same problem with them when we are around the pond or out at night.

21-Jun-16
Thermacell

22-Jun-16

notme's Link
http://www.medicinenet.com/chiggers_bites/page2.htm

I always thought they were a more southern swamp thing,guess not.

22-Jun-16
When I lived in VA for two years those things were ruthless. I didn't know they were up here either.

22-Jun-16
Sure they aren't No-see-ums (Culicoides)? I was Bear hunting a few weeks ago and they were pretty bad.

22-Jun-16
The chiggers down south would cover my ankles and you would get little red bumps all over. It makes you want to scratch your skin to the bone. I don't miss those things.

23-Jun-16
Sounds like no-see-ums to me also. They always get to me at dusk.

24-Jun-16
My dad took me to Rhode Island clamimg when I was 12 I got those things real bad ! Then when I was fishing in Milford years ago I got them they itch and bleed !! Good luck

24-Jun-16
Sas, those are sand fleas or no-seams. We get them at the Cape when there is no wind. Only good thing is that the bite and itch goes away in 15 minutes.

24-Jun-16
Nothing that a shot of penicillin can't cure..lol

07-Jul-16
I'ved lived and hunted in Georgia and they are a nasty problem! CVS sell Chigger Ease in the Atlanta area

You can use clear nail polish in a pinch the kill them and stop the itch,

12-Jul-16
bought a thermocell- hope that helps

08-Aug-16
Sawyers permethrin from walmart. This will keep them away and the ticks as well. Down south we have turkey mites, which will make you insane, and stay with you. Sawyers keep them at bay too.

13-Aug-16
THEY ARE VERY BAD AT THE DEEP BOAT RAMP IN OLD LYME.... I USED OFF SPRAY WITH DEET AND COVERED UP AS MUCH AS I COULD

• Sitka Gear