Konk1 27-Jun-16
elk 27-Jun-16
Konk1 28-Jun-16
glunker 28-Jun-16
GVS 28-Jun-16
elk 28-Jun-16
GVS 29-Jun-16
23-Jun-16
Am I the only clueless one that just found out the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association no longer has a forum and has nothing to do with this forum?? The negative feedback from certain members was causing more damage than good, so they pulled out. But, someone took the time to create this, which looks the same, but is not. WBA needs to do everything they can to wash their hands of this site... pretty sad some would mimic a site to confuse those of us looking for good information. Pathetic really.

24-Jun-16
This site msy have existed before. WBH even had a website. I've been coming here for 20 years.

24-Jun-16
Maybe not quite that long, but since 2000 any way.

24-Jun-16
And who would that individual be?

24-Jun-16
Yup Bowsite was around way before WBH even thought about the internet.

24-Jun-16
Welcome "Elk"

24-Jun-16
TROLL

24-Jun-16
What, no way this privately owned site has any direct relationship to WBH. Sure some posters on this site are members of WBH but that is a good thing.

So, if WBH supposedly created this forum I wonder if they created all the other state forums too. ;-)

24-Jun-16
It would be nice to know when people signed up as members on here.

24-Jun-16
Hahahahahaha @ Bow_Tech!!!

24-Jun-16
Zinger, I have wondered for years why it does not show the month/year that you registered when you click on a screen name. Kind of along the same question why they allow blank and duplicate screen names.

24-Jun-16
jeff that would be nice since it seems that there are people who sound a lot like people who just sit got banned pop up from the blue after that happens.

24-Jun-16
24/7/365. Zinger get some help.

26-Jun-16
"Zinger, I have wondered for years why it does not show the month/year that you registered when you click on a screen name. Kind of along the same question why they allow blank and duplicate screen names. "

This site runs on 1980s technology. It suffices for its purpose according to what I've read Pat say when the technology topic comes up.

26-Jun-16
The WBH logo is on his page and it was my understanding they are a paid sponsor of this page. Before they paid up there was no logo if memory serves me right.

27-Jun-16
Not sure if the WBH is a paying sponsor or not, but I believe Pat agreed to put the WBH logo at the top of the page since Wisconsin bowhunting and the WBH go hand in hand.

27-Jun-16
Sorry to start a conspiracy... I am just confused. For the longest time I thought of joining the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association, you know to support the cause. I thought they supported and sponsored this site. I recently found out they no longer affiliate with this site because of the head aches it has caused them as an organization. Zinger I signed up last week. I did troll this site for information but never became a member because of the BS that occurs. Lot of very intelligent, helpful hunters on here -- and some that ain't so much.

28-Jun-16
I found out glunker is correct, the WHB did indeed pay to be a sponsor on the Wisconsin Bowsite forum. While it is not the official site of the WBH there are some members of the WBH that do participate here.

28-Jun-16
Elk, not sure if there are not communication issues here. Could it be you are referring to the old WBH forum that was on the WBH website? That is shut down. It had outdated software and was a hassle to find anything. On top of that the guy originally running it had issues that seem entrenched. They got rid of him and had an excellent guy overseeing it but like I said the forum design was decades old, like an atari. WBH I have to assume is a sponsor to get the name and word out. Glad you signed up. This WI forum should be better now than it had been and I think there will be less bickering and more positive discussion of ideas.

28-Jun-16
They killed their forum a couple years ago. The logo on this page is for sponsorship. I wanted to do that (logo link) for the WTA but Bowsite wouldn't because they thought that the WTA would be competition with WBH. I spoke with WBH about that and they were fine but I couldn't convince Bowsite.

28-Jun-16
Thanks for the help! I guess my confusion is that I was told the WBA no longer wants any part of this forum because of the bad blood and negativity which contradicts what they want as an organization. To be honest I would not join them because I thought they helped sponsor and/or run this (which I was wrong). But, I still see their logo on here which just has me baffled.

29-Jun-16
What is baffling? It is advertising. They are reaching out to bowhunters and this where you can find some.

• Sitka Gear