sharpspur@home 27-Jun-16
WIBUCK 27-Jun-16
WIBUCK 17-Jul-16
stp2 19-Jul-16
RutnStrut 19-Jul-16
WIBUCK 19-Jul-16
richad727 20-Jul-16
26-Jun-16
My brother drew this units MZ tag. I know this is a archery site but he had the points and started having some health issues that we decided to go MZ. It will be his first elk hunt at the age of 61. I know it is a very demanding unit but we are in good shape with not a lot of other good options with his points in CO. I have been doing research for years and have talked to plenty of hunters on this unit but can never get enough input in my opinion. Any WI boys out there that have experience hunting this unit? Would you be willing to share your experience as well as just general things that we should expect once we get there? Would be greatly appreciated. Pat

27-Jun-16

Mike F's Link
WIBUCK-

Follow this link and you can get some pretty good information on where the elk travel, spend their summers, etc. You can select different options and get some good information. The site has worked good for me in the past.

Good Luck to your brother!

27-Jun-16
I bowhunted 76 about 6 years ago and will share what info I might have if you are interested. Certainly won't be current but might be of some help. PM if you want. Dave

27-Jun-16
How many points did he draw with?

27-Jun-16
Thanks Mike F and tracker I will check out the site and Dave I will pm you. My brother had 18 points and my son and I also have 18 points but wanted to concentrate on just one tag so we applied for a point.

17-Jul-16
WOW JUST WOW. My brother is 61 and until last year as healthy as could be. This time last year however he started losing weight and was diagnosed with celiac disease. Battling through the year he gained back some weight and we decided we need to get him in the elk woods for the first time. He had 18 points and our best option seemed to be 76 MZ in which he drew. We were concerned if we were going to be able to handle this demanding unit but went for it. About a month ago I noticed a change in him and he was not excited about his hunt, then started loosing weight again. Long story short there will be no elk hunt and he will be in a much bigger battle. All the concerns in preparing for the hunt as well as pretty much everything else don't seem to matter much anymore. Hopefully next year. Pat

19-Jul-16
Sorry to hear the terrible news. Prayers sent for your brothers health. I first hope he can recover, and secondly hope he can get in an elk hunt w/in his lifetime.

19-Jul-16
prayers to your brother and your family. Unfortunately I know what you mean about it putting things in perspective.

19-Jul-16
Thanks guys, to tell you the truth I am still in shock. To make matters worse as I understand it he has a choice of a refund or his points but will not receive a point for this year. We have been on the fence for this tag for years and now he will fall 1 behind next year which could mean years of waiting to get the tag again even if that's possible for him. It sure seems under these circumstances and paying for a elk tag he will not use they could give him his point.

20-Jul-16
hope he gets the point i drew 76 after 13 years 68 now and decided that was the best ill ever get.seems like co. could make an exception knowing how gov. works i wouldent hold my breath good luck

• Sitka Gear