notags 19-Jul-16
Maverick940 20-Jul-16
StickFlicker 20-Jul-16
notags 20-Jul-16
Maverick940 20-Jul-16
Heat 31-Jul-16
Maverick940 31-Jul-16
08-Jul-16
My buddies card just got hit, so it looks like the draw is on.

Hope mine gets hit:/!!!!!

08-Jul-16
Its true! $45 hit on mine this AM

08-Jul-16
I finally drew a Desert Bighorn Sheep tag after almost 35 years of applying!!!

08-Jul-16
Stick... You Da Man!!!!

Good Luck!!

Scar.

08-Jul-16
Congrats, Marvin!!!

08-Jul-16
Marvin, congratulations, thats great! That's a loooonnngg time! What units did you apply for?

08-Jul-16
Marvin, congratulations! I had a feeling this was your year! How awesome!

08-Jul-16
The two hardest to draw, 22 and 24BS. Both had their permits cut in half this year (to 2 and 1), so I figured this wasn't the year.. but it's great that there will be less permits since I will hunt with a bow and would obviously prefer that there wouldn't be any rifle hunters out there with me.

08-Jul-16
Great! I believe you'll find that 22 has two tags though.

08-Jul-16
I said 2, and 24BS has 1. (to 2 and 1, previously 4 and 2)

08-Jul-16
my bad,... old eyes. Those the units you need a boat for? I know a guy... and he likes to look for sheep.

10-Jul-16
Lol. I know the same guy and he has another friend who likes to look for sheep too. Oh and he loves to pack out meat.

10-Jul-16
Looks like I will be hitting the Kaibab, not sure of east or west, but I don't Care!

Chris, my guy isnt so big on packing meat, but desert rams aren't that big, so..

Marvin, if I recall you've had a unit 9 bull tag or two? I just got back from a first scouting trip for my daughter's boyfriend's first elk hunt( yea, no shit..unit 9) We only saw about 170 elk, so if you have any tips you would like to share, ? P.M. me if you do . All joking aside, if you have the Apache Lake tag, my boat is a fishing/bowfishing work horse, and ugly to boot, so a little sheep blood aint no thang. Other than a deer hunt in Mex sometime in December, I am pretty open if you need a hand.

12-Jul-16
Thanks guys! It's great that I've received so many offers of help already! At least one of my choices does require boat access, so I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that offer. This is the first offer I've had for help to pack it out, however! That's definitely a great offer!!

Once I learn what unit I drew, I can make better plans of how to approach it. Thanks again!

P.S. Dave, I'm happy to talk unit 9 with you. PM me your number.

12-Jul-16
It would be an honor sir!

13-Jul-16
Marvin. p.m. sent.

13-Jul-16
Three year tag drought finally ended for me. Likely Kaibab archery deer. Something to do this fall.

13-Jul-16
Wife and I both will be hunting deer this year. Not sure if Mule deer or whitetail, but it doesn't matter since we will be in the field together.We also both got drawn for 22N archery cow. Her first time with a bow so we are practicing, practicing, practicing.

13-Jul-16
I'm a big fat cheater this year. With only one 3 bonus points for elk, and only 2 for deer, I figured I had no chance in the world to draw the hunts I wanted. So I decided to put in for rifle hunts just for grins. Well I ended up drawing a late rifle bull tag, and a rifle deer tag. Lol. I still plan on hunting over the counter with my bow this year, but it's going to take a big one for me to shoot it with my bow, so I don't waste my rifle tag. Congrats to those of you who drew this year.

14-Jul-16
I thought you could only get one deer tag per year. Am I wrong?

15-Jul-16
Photo Hunter:

A person is allowed only one lottery permit per calendar year and one non-lottery type permit per calendar year.

So, a person can actually possess two permits per genus, per year. [In this instance -- deer]

However, the bag limit is one animal per person and that's enforced or administered by whichever permit pertaining to a specific genus.

In other words, no matter which type of permit a person uses, the bag limit remains just one animal (per specie) each calendar year.

If you need clarification, let me know or read the regulations that are found on the AG&F Department website.

Maverick

15-Jul-16
Thanks, Got it. So, PowellSixO is going to hunt archery OTC and only shoot if he gets an opportunity at a big one. If unsuccessful, he can still hunt with the lottery tags. Even then, if still unsuccessful he can hunt December with the unfilled archery OTC. Nice!

16-Jul-16
Correct

16-Jul-16
Results are being compiled this weekend and should be available on Monday. Leftover permits might be available on Friday the 22nd or Monday the 25th. Probably be Monday the 25th.

16-Jul-16
Maverick, you got a mole on the inside?

16-Jul-16
A mole that would push certain tags in my direction? I wish!

19-Jul-16
I just checked my Portal account, and it still shows pending, but it also shows a hunt number next to deer. It is a hunt number that I put in for, so you guys might be able to check your Portal accounts now. Good luck.

19-Jul-16
Portals are loaded with results

19-Jul-16
Maverick, you were a day over on your prediction. Please try to do better from now on... LOL. Hitting the skinny side of the Kaibab. Dont hate me for hunting with guns! I am excited!

Marvin? By land or sea? Did you get my p.m.? Heading up this weekend to add a few trail cameras to the other thousand in the unit, but I dont think I will bolt them to the trick tank fences like everyone else.

20-Jul-16
No Tags:

You drew 12AE? Late November buck hunt? I miss hunting that side and that late. Haven't been able to do it the past few years. I miss it a lot.

Maverick

20-Jul-16
Har mateys, permission to come aboard! Two if by sea...permit #1.

I got your PM, just not getting home each day until after 9 pm, and I was at the Bowhunter Happening for a three day weekend. I'll try to call you an evening this week, if I can manage to get out of work at a decent time and get home.

20-Jul-16
Mav, just the early hunt. Did I just say "just the early hunt"? It only took me 5 years to get a tag up top!

20-Jul-16
No Tags:

Better the early hunt than no hunt. That early hunt can be really, really good on the east side. I should probably start putting in for that again. Been a while since I was able to do a personal hunt up there. I envy you!

Mav

31-Jul-16
Fuller Fire is still burning on the east side of the Kaibab down low both on the Forest and Park. Might green up nice in there by late fall.

31-Jul-16
Awesome. Nice to know that there are some other fires burning around the state. Thanks for the update, Heat.

• Sitka Gear