Ace 10-Jul-16
notme 10-Jul-16
Greybeard 10-Jul-16
Bloodtrail 10-Jul-16
Buckndoe 10-Jul-16
Buckiller 11-Jul-16
Richm444 12-Jul-16
10-Jul-16
Seems like a bad year for Caterpillars. Looks like January on the small lot I hunt, stupid things ate almost every leaf out there. I know it allows a chance for the under growth to get some sun light but wow what damage.

10-Jul-16
Which town?

None at all in northern Fairfield County

10-Jul-16

notme's Link
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/dotearth/2016/07/07/a-war-for-the-woods-as-an-asian-fungus-slightly-blunts-gypsy-moth-outbreaks/?ref=international&_r=0&referer=https://www.bing.com/search/?q=Gypsy+Moth+Invasion+CT&FORM=QSRE2&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

I was seeing the nests heavy early spring down rts110,34 up 84....I think that little "cold snap " we had in may might e slowed them a bit..

10-Jul-16
Trees at my house in east Wallingford are bare from the caterpillers. Now the moths are just all over thousands flying around.

10-Jul-16
All over Eastern CT they ate everything. Go 95 North, 84 east, route 79 from Durham to 95....it looks like all the trees are dead. Also, Go into NY and PA and looks like something killed thousands of trees.

10-Jul-16
My three little apple trees that produced a ton of apples last year got stripped bare from the caterpillars but the trees seem to be making a comeback now. I bought three nice white pines this spring only to see the caterpillars eating the needles. I literally stood there with a bucket and picked them off each tree a couple times a week.

11-Jul-16
They thrive on a late spring and a hot/ dry june. That's why they did so good this year. Want to hone your shooting skills? Get a pellet gun and go into the woods and shoot the moths. Fun

12-Jul-16
southern Rhode Island is defoliated - looks like mid spring just after the leaves start to bud

• Sitka Gear