Contributors to this thread:
woodchip 14-Jul-16
Linecutter 14-Jul-16
Robear 06-Aug-16
Bull Elk 02-Nov-16
woodchip 03-Nov-16
Box Call 03-Nov-16
14-Jul-16
My son is continuing his academic and athletic career at The Ohio U being an avid bow hunter all his life and is now in a new place( he is from Pa.)he is having a hard time locating a place to hunt. He will be there for the next 5 years any help to get him into some good deer hunting woods would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chip

14-Jul-16
There is a fair amount of public hunting south and east of Columbus. Most of it IS NOT over run with bow hunters. One place he can look at is Tri-Valley, the north end of it is really good. I believe there is 35,000 acres just in that piece of public land. He can get on line and do a search for public hunting in Ohio or call the ODNR and they can send him information. If he needs to shoot Apache Bowhunters is just south of town off of State Route 23 just out side the little town of Lockbourne. $45 dollars for an annual membership. He would have to do 2 work parties somewhere between February and September for his membership also. They usually have them before open club shoots. Work party is usually about 3 hours of time. You can look us up at www.apachebowhunter.com. Hope this helps. DANNY

06-Aug-16
He could apply for the deer management hunt for the village of Granville. Also Dawes Arboretum used to do as similar hunt as well, although I don't know if they still do. Other than that, he could do some homework and find the many urban areas that allow bowhunting, and ask some of the homeowners that have a couple of wooded acres on their property. lots of that country is crop fields surrounded by homes that gets little gun season pressure allowing the deer to get some age on them. All it takes is a couple acres in the right spot, and he is in. Go Bucks!

02-Nov-16
Woodchip, Is your son going to Ohio State University in Columbus, or Ohio University in Athens?

03-Nov-16
Ohio State

03-Nov-16
didnt get drawn for dawes this year.its an apply and hope ya get drawn deal and they put you on a marked piece of property for a month to hunt.hard to get permission anymore,and public land gets smashed anymore .

• Sitka Gear