pogo 02-Sep-16
jman22 02-Sep-16
T ZEKE 02-Sep-16
spike78 02-Sep-16
T ZEKE 04-Sep-16
T ZEKE 04-Sep-16
RONO 25-Sep-16
15-Jul-16
My wife and I went and looked for deer yesterday evening. Just a ride in the truck to one of my hunting areas. We counted 73 deer in just about 2 square miles. 29 bucks but all fairly small ones. The rest were does and fawns. Looks like the mild winter really helped the herd, at least around here. Shawn

15-Jul-16
Yea they are chomping the clover here in 9h.

16-Jul-16
I'm in southern Oswego County and you can drive 20 square miles here and maybe see one or two deer. Seriously. 15-20 years ago we had good numbers and I could see 15-20 deer on a drive like that including some good bucks. Two out of three drives like that I will not even see a single deer. I think the DEC has em right where they want up here,

17-Jul-16
If I drove 20 square miles here I would lose count. I took the same ride yesterday evening and only saw maybe 30 deer. The mild winter last year really helped those young deer survive. I am seeing a ton of 1.5 year old bucks. Shawn

19-Jul-16
Lots of deer at my place in 8P .. just put cameras out end of June.. I'll check them in another week or 2.

19-Jul-16
They are like rats around here. Tons.

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo
HANCOCK NY

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo
HANCOCK NY

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo
HANCOCK NY

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo

14-Aug-16
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE PICTURES, LOTS OF BEAR AND GOOD DEER PICTURES,UNTIL ONE OF THE BEARS ATE THE CAMERA,ON ITS WAY BACK TO BUSHNELL FOR REPAIR.

14-Aug-16
Some great shots there RONO. Bears really seem to have a appetite for trail cams!

15-Aug-16
SURE DO, THAT MY THIRD CAMERA IN 6 YEARS !

18-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
last season I posted my miss at a huge 6 by 4 buck. remarkably he's back !!! can't believe he made it. pic was taken last week...Tom

18-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
this one taken last month, note the 8 pt in the background....Tom

18-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
this pic taken the first week of June is the youngest fawn I have ever got on camera. I wonder how old it is ?....Tom

18-Aug-16
NICE

18-Aug-16
very cool TZ

21-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
I don't think these bucks will be so tolerant of each other come October....Tom

21-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
fawn is growing up nicely, not bad for a couple of months growth !....Tom

22-Aug-16
Tom, goodluck settling the score with that buck. He's a beauty. Did he grow much from last yr? I like that split g2 on his left side. He's got lots of character.

22-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
that's a great question Josh, I've been thinking about that myself..last season he had a cluster of points (6) on his left side, this year its a forked G2..both racks are 6x4. This pic was from video of last seasons shot. He looks bigger last Nov. when I shot. of course he is still growing this season, so he will gain more weight, but not sure about rack gaining much more...Tom

22-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
this was him last Sept. What do you think ?...Tom

22-Aug-16
Well I'll tell you what....he was impressive last year also!! Hard to tell if his rack is bigger or not this year. Pretty rare to hunt a deer with that kind of age under his belt. Judging by that luminok, it doesn't look like you missed that deer by much. I love having history with older bucks. Even thought it's oftentimes hard to seal the deal, you sure do learn alot from them. Goodluck again Tom. He's a horse.

23-Aug-16
Thanks Josh, good luck to you this season. Oddly enough the three P & Y bucks I have arrowed over the years were all first ( and last lol )time sightings. That's what is unusual to me about this buck in that I have him on cameras 2 yrs in a row. Usually Bucks like this seem to vanish don't they ? ....Tom

25-Aug-16
Wow Tom that is a really unique rack. You'll definitely be able to track that buck easily. Good luck getting after him!

25-Aug-16
they get that big by not walking around in daylight. Your best bet will be the last week of Oct and the first week of Nov when the chase is on, the bucks want to breed but the doe's are not ready as yet. if you get him, please post the photo's and give us the low down on how your skill made him into meat on the table...

25-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
This pic was taken Sept. 2010 of a buck I called "Lefty". He also had a split G 2 on his left side...coincidence ?? Or could this be Dad ???....Tom

25-Aug-16
Tom, I agree....in NY.....if you see a good deer on his feet during daylight.....from your stand.....it has been very rare that I get another crack at them. I did a cruise through with the kids.....20 min round trip , well over 150 deer and one pretty good buck in my public ground spot. Excited for season.

25-Aug-16
I definitely don't think that is a coincidence Tom. A farm I hunt is notorious for split brow tine bucks. Definitely some genetics at work. I can't say I have had the pleasure of chasing many bucks past the age of 4 or 5, but from my readings aND discussions with others it seems as a buck gets to be 5+ yrs old not only does his home range significantly shrink, but he also tends to show more daylight activity in that small core area....I hope that's the case for you and this buck.

28-Aug-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
Thanks guys, hope we all get to see a good buck this season. Heading back up to our camp for a couple of days in mid Sept. to set up ground blinds and check stand safety ect. I will also be checking trail cams so I'll post any new pics of our friend. ( hopefully lol )....Tom

28-Aug-16
From what I'm seeing for deer and sign in WMU 6K and 6N, unless the weather cooperates , don't expect much diference from last hunting season.

29-Aug-16
Tons of small bucks this year and quite a few good ones as well. The mild winter really helped. I went last night and saw several bucks that had shed velvet already. Shawn

29-Aug-16
Good to know Shawn. I agree that there are some nice bucks around this yr. I have pics of atleast 3, 3yr olds and 1 4 yr old that all put on good growth from last yr. I checked two cams this afternoon and a few bucks look like they are very close to shedding velvet.

Josh

30-Aug-16
Thought I was seeing things yesterday morning. I saw an average 6 pt out of velvet while driving to work. Only saw him for a second and thought no way too early but now Deerman pretty much confirms it could have been.

02-Sep-16
I finally found time to get to the farm and put out my trail cams. I also took time to trim some shooting lanes and make one deer trail a little wider where it enters the corn field.

While walking into the oaks and my favorite stand, I saw two bucks, hard horns and all. Both were eight pointers. I was disappointed to see we don't have many acorns this year.

I'm finally getting excited!

02-Sep-16
Look at that food plot! Wow. What is that growing in there Pat? Beans?

02-Sep-16
Great looking plots, for me Pat it's far better to see bucks than no bucks at all..It seems to me that this good growing season and lots of deer sightings are making a lot of us feel good about the upcoming bow season...Tom

02-Sep-16
Pat, how are you growing them that well with this drought? Or is their no drought in Northern NY?

04-Sep-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
Although I'm not going up to our place until next week, my friend was and sent me these pics last night. They were taken a few days ago...Tom

04-Sep-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
A little surprised that the 8 pt. and the 10 are still hanging out together...Tom

25-Sep-16

RONO's embedded Photo
RONO's embedded Photo
HANCOCK,NEW YORK

• Sitka Gear