Doe tags sold on Saturday + Sunday ?
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Ohio Jim 18-Jul-16
Rut Nut 18-Jul-16
Ohio Jim 18-Jul-16
Brad Gehman 18-Jul-16
18-Jul-16
I'm a nonresident hoping for a chance at a 2F tag. The new rule this year was that residents would have the first week for tags then sales would open to nonresidents on Monday July 18. At 6 PM friday night (July 15) the antlerless tag availability website said there were 256 remaining tags left for 2F. I would have thought that would be the number on Monday morning, but no, not the case. On Saturday afternoon it went down to 125. Then I checked again Sunday morning the count had trickled down even more. Sunday night 8 PM only 27 left ! Do county Treasurers work on Saturdays and Sundays ? How can this happen ? I hope they all went to residents because nonresidents don't qualify until Monday the 17th.

18-Jul-16
Jim- I have heard that some of the county treasurers work until all applications are processed. Others don't. So it just depends what county you sent the applications to. Some are very good at processing applications in a timely manner, some are not. The one's that do are getting more and more business! ;-)

18-Jul-16
I'm with you. But it doesn't matter what county I sent to, they don't go on sale for me until Monday. Hard to believe a county treasurer would still be working on a Sunday?

18-Jul-16
Elk County works until they are out of applications.

There should be NO non residents tags filled until ALL resident tags are filled.

Am totally against this one week period that was just voted on this year, it should have remained 2 weeks.

• Sitka Gear