Babysaph 23-Jul-16
M.P. 23-Jul-16
gobbler 23-Jul-16
bgram 23-Jul-16
hookman 23-Jul-16
gobbler 23-Jul-16
Babysaph 23-Jul-16
22-Jul-16
So what is good to keep snakes away from a cabin? Don't say mothballs. I killed my second rattlesnake 3 feet from my cabin today and it was the second one that was laying on moth balls. I have killed 7 poisonous snakes in several years here. Btw, I can't get my girlfriend to come out of the cabin to help me hang Treestands now. Lol.

22-Jul-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

23-Jul-16
Well that's what I used. 4 shot magnums. Makes em sick.

23-Jul-16

M.P.'s embedded Photo
M.P.'s embedded Photo
Where there is 1 rattlesnake there is usually 100 more. Get some guinea fowls

23-Jul-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
I try to keep black racers around my cabin. Helps keep mice in check and kills copperheads.

23-Jul-16
You could always ask the DNR to trade some turkeys for some mongooses, or to at least not drop the snakes out of the helicopter so close to your front door. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Mike is right, watch out for more though, with it drying out the snakes will be on the prowl searching for food. Might try laying some 3-4 foot long pieces of 3/4-1" black water pipe. Used to use it around gardens to keep small animals away. Not sure if it'd deter a rattlesnake, for that purpose I've only found Gobblers method of reduction most effective on snakes.

23-Jul-16
Love that picture. He would make a great skin on a bow.

23-Jul-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
It would make a good one. He was over 6 1/2 ft long

23-Jul-16
BGram your right. I knew they dropped those things off. That's how we got the coyotes that way too :). Btw. Nice black snake gobbler. He is a P and Y qualifier. I don't kill them either. I still can convince my gf they are good to have around.

• Sitka Gear