deerman406 28-Jul-16
rut 29-Jul-16
rut 24-Aug-16
rut 24-Aug-16
bigbuckbob 24-Aug-16
24-Jul-16

rut's embedded Photo
rut's embedded Photo
This buck looks to be developing well. Older deer. Long beams, good brows. Will see how the points develop.

24-Jul-16
WOW! Awesome buck Rut. Hope to see "after" pic's this fall :)! He does look really wide for sure. Cool looking rack so far!

25-Jul-16
rut

that's a really wide beam, and boy is he fat, very nice.

25-Jul-16
Bruiser for sure !

25-Jul-16
Stud

25-Jul-16
His ends look just like one I jumped this spring while turkey hunting... obviously he was not that big & wide...

Good looking deer - wonder how much he'll grow between now and the opener...

25-Jul-16
Antlers typically are fully developed by the end of July in our area, so you won't see much more that what he already is showing. The blood supply will start shutting down in early August and that's when the bucks start to rub the trees to remove the velvet later in the month.

Still a great looking buck!

25-Jul-16
I know they can put on growth fast when they're growing, and I always thought they grew through Sept.

I'm not a bone hunter, I'm a meat hunter, so never had paid much attention to that aspect - though I definitely can appreciate a good buck.

Thanks for the info BBB! And I agree - that sucker has some potential

25-Jul-16
Some people think that because I selected the handle of "bigbuckbob" that I'm into antlers, and that's not at all true. I'm into big, mature bucks. So this one would not walk passed me without letting an arrow fly.

25-Jul-16
Nice representation of a mature CT Buck.

25-Jul-16
Question on the antler growth front - someone else may be able to answer this.

Dont they more or less reach max "size" in terms of spread and height, number of points etc by early August, but then most of august is basically mineralization? IE, growing density in the antlers and possibly some mass? I'm not sure on those last part's and this thread got me curious...

Thoughts?

25-Jul-16
Pat made a great point about this same question on the Deer I posted earlier. If there are "Bulbs" still showing, they will grow. The brow tines look like they are done getting any taller.

25-Jul-16
BBB, I'm into bow hunting big mature bucks also. Heavy bodied, mature whitetails. All the youngsters walk. This bucks front tines are very bulbous, and will develop some still. Not much, but there is still some tine length coming.

25-Jul-16
Pat is correct concerning the "bulb" points, still potential there and they grow so quick that from 7/20/16 when picture was taken until end of July / start of Aug you could see a noticeable difference. All have to do to verify is to find the buck with the end of your arrow this season:)

25-Jul-16
I'll let you know when he comes by me dude...lol

28-Jul-16
Bulbous area on horns can and will grow incredibly fast. 1/2" per day in a lot of cases so in say 14 days a buck can add 7"s of tine length to any bulbous tine. That buck above could easily add 20"s in the next few weeks. Shawn

29-Jul-16
Correct deerman406

24-Aug-16

rut's embedded Photo
rut's embedded Photo
Update on the buck posted above. Got some tine length.

24-Aug-16

rut's embedded Photo
rut's embedded Photo

24-Aug-16
Ah Rut, you lucky dog!! Yeah, he grew a bunch since the last photo, amazing. Looks like he has just a bit more to grow. Deer like that will get your knees knocking :)

• Sitka Gear