Swampbuck 27-Jan-17
Bowhogger 27-Jan-17
sawtooth 13-Apr-17
nbennettksu 20-Apr-17
Thunder43 10-Aug-17
Swampbuck 12-Aug-17
JL 12-Aug-17
25-Jul-16
Been slow on this forum, I know swampbuck is still around...anybody else?

used to be quite a few regulars, haven't seen them for awhile, there's no way everybody moved or quit hunting!

If you're lurking, give us an update

31-Jul-16
Hunting season just started here in south Florida, but will most likely sit this season out do to rotator/bisep repair.

31-Jul-16
that is tough stuff SB, hope you get patched up and back in action soon

02-Aug-16
there's people here ,sorry to hear about arm. trying to get my sons geared up for this season

09-Aug-16
Yep, l'm still here. I just got back from a 3 week vacation with the family to the north woods of Wisconsin. My father n law built a house on a 1200 acre lake in the national forest back in the 70s, did some fishing, some logging to fill the wood shed, and relaxed. Now it's back to the heat, work and getting my hunting property tidied up. My son finally is gonna bow hunt by himself this year. He has taking a few hogs with a gun and has been in the stand with me bow hunting. Now it's his turn, I would be awesome to see him get his first deer, a buck would be even better. We have an 8pt rule on my property and my friends but after a little discussion during dinner after a hard days work ( my son spends a lot of time working the properties) we decided to let him take a smaller buck. Hope everyone and their families are well! Be safe out there this season and post some pictures, J }}}----->

10-Aug-16
swampbuck, great stuff

best of luck to the young man this season (& you too!)

looks like most of the reg.s have faded away, oh well, maybe just wayyyy too busy..

09-Sep-16
Well, hopefully everyone survived the storm. It's opening weekend next Saturday and good lord willing I'll be in a stand. I went to my place after the storm, between all the downed trees and the bear(s) it was more work than I wanted to do. Oh well, my neighbors and myself had no structure damage so that's a huge plus. The minus was clearing all the trails to the numerous stands. Good luck to everyone!! J

10-Sep-16

Swampbuck's embedded Photo

10-Sep-16

13-Sep-16

Chris Durando's embedded Photo

13-Sep-16

Rut came about 10 days later than usual at our camp in Glades Co. Perhaps due to all the rain it was more at the end of August.Two archery 8 pointers taken so far . Lots of bears. Working on filling my two Okeechobee West gator tags right now. Been a real tough season gators were skittish from the opening minute.

14-Sep-16
i am in homestead. anyone in here can help with a final tune on my bow before i go on my hunt?

14-Sep-16
What's the problem? More info would be helpful, bow-arrow type, draw length-#s. You might want to add to the thread on the main forum too.

14-Sep-16
obsession k34. new bow. peep was put before strings stretched/settled. now have peep rotation. make sure draw length is correct. check timing.

14-Sep-16
What kind of peep sight? Can you see through it? Have you brought it back to where you bought it? Could be as simple as putting it in a bow press and add or remove a twist.

15-Sep-16
Unfortunately I bought it from another state. I was hoping to find someone to help as the local bow shop is over an hour away and opens odd hours. They open 4-7

15-Sep-16
If you use a D-Loop on the string, you may be able to rotate that to get the peep aligned..OR Install a D-Loop and do it. I stopped shooting off the string many years ago...makes the server last longer

15-Sep-16

Robertfishes's embedded Photo
Robertfishes's embedded Photo
This pic was sent to me by the guy hunting about 400 yards away. Opening day is this saturday..I have a few pics of him by one of my ladders but all at 5 in the morning..

24-Oct-16
I've been slack in visiting.

24-Oct-16
Need your help saving Public Land Hunting in Florida. Tell your friends too. Sign this petition "Friends of Bull Creek" on facebook. Help fight this closing of public access to Bull Creek WMA https://www.change.org/p/annette-danielle-stop-the-division-of-herky-huffman-bull-creek-wma-2016?recruiter=615585731&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-bing-no_msg

https://www.change.org/p/annette-danielle-stop-the-division-of-herky-huffman-bull-creek-wma-2016?recruiter=615585731&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-bing-no_msg

10-Jan-17

Nimrod's embedded Photo
Nimrod's embedded Photo
I was surprised to see this bucks pic posted by swamphunter! He must hunt close to my land in Ellzey. The buck is easy to identify. I have got a pic of him since mid October. I hope he is still alive,!

10-Jan-17
I mean November!

17-Jan-17
I'm still in FLA I just don't frequent the Florida forum. Since December I have hardly seen a deer. Worst year in awhile for sightings. Mike

17-Jan-17
Nimorod, swampbuck, how far yall recon ole double main beam buck travels? No more pix after nov?

18-Jan-17
As the crow flies, I would say 3-4 miles. Not sure how close to the paved road he was on Nimrods place. My friend has 1200 acres that is in between my land and Nimrods. He got a pic of him in the middle of his land in early December if I remember right. Only at night. All I know for sure is that buck must have been doing some serious chasing. I'm actually hunting right now. Lots of does, no bucks yet. My friend shot a hog yesterday. We only bow hunt on our land, so I think the deer feel less pressured.

18-Jan-17
That's cool! The bucks don't generally move that far here in se Oklahoma. I'm shocked that they move that far there.

22-Jan-17

Nimrod's embedded Photo
Nimrod's embedded Photo
We bowhunt only on my place as well. We've taken 1 buck in the 4 years I've owned the place, a 6 1/2 yr old 10 point, ~100". A friend killed him just north of the church on Nov. 18. We have killed 11 does and too many hogs to count. I know several of the 40 to 80 acre landowners are killing a lot of young bucks to the north and west of me. I know the peak of the rut occurring a week or more before bow season makes hunting the mature bucks tough. August 25 until September 10 is when I get the most daylight activity from the mature bucks.

22-Jan-17
The pic of "The Freak" was taken 1\2 mile west of 336, 3 miles north of the church.

23-Jan-17
New to the site and hunting, anyone have any advice for a new hunter or would be willing to let me tag along to aquire some knowledge. None my friends hunt and think I'm crazy for hog hunting alone, but I love it out there and just need a little help with knowledge you can't get from a book

24-Jan-17
Nimrod, I did some rough measuring and if that buck ran a straight line, he would have gone 3.25 miles from where I got the first picture to the middle of your place. We all know deer don't move in a straight line. That's a great buck!!

I tried to PM you, don't know if you received it?

24-Jan-17
Bowhogger, welcome to the site, you can get a lot of help on here and the main site. You just need to ask the right questions. What exactly are you looking for?

27-Jan-17
Thanks for responding, Swampbuck. The information I seek are things like where to hunt, how to find hogs, and what steps do I need to take once I get one? Also, how much time do you have to clean the animal before the meat starts to spoil

27-Jan-17
Thanks for responding, Swampbuck. The information I seek are things like where to hunt, how to find hogs, and what steps do I need to take once I get one? Also, how much time do you have to clean the animal before the meat starts to spoil

27-Jan-17
? 1. Private land would be ideal if you have access to it, you can hog hunt all year. As for public lands, myFWC has a list of WMAs. You should be able to find one close. Some even let you hunt hogs during small game season. Look for one that doesn't require a quota permit.

? 2. I have found the best way to hunt them on the ground is look for fresh signs of rooting, not old dried up covered in pine needles and leaves, but freshly turned over earth. You'll be doing a lot of walking. Take your time, stop and listen, packs will make a lot of noise. Definitely hunt them with the wind in your face!! Sometimes if you're lucky you can find a well used trail, following tracks you might sneak up on some, again walk slow, stop and listen.

? 3. I would gut it ASAP. This will help cool down the animal and especially if you're dragging it out by yourself. If you've never gutted an animal I'm sure there's something on the interweb that will help you, at least give you some direction. Make sure you have a big cooler and lots of ice before you go hunting.

? 4. Depending on the time of year. Summer get in cleaned and on ice ASAP. If you're in northern Florida, this time of year when it's cooler it's still important to get it cleaned and iced, but you won't have to rush.

I'm sure I forgot something, but I hope this points you in the direction your looking for. Don't give up bow hunting is awesome!, J

27-Jan-17
Thanks Swampbuck, I appreciate the support!

13-Apr-17
Nice pictures!

20-Apr-17
Hi, new here. Grew up [bow] hunting in GA; moved to FL about 8 years ago. Bought my first house last year, and got all my gear down from GA to FL (family is still up in GA). Outgrew my Hoyt, bought a new Mathews Halon and been working on getting ready for July. I'll be hunting the WMA's for the next few years here in South FL. Looking very much forward to getting back into the woods. Thanks for reading.

10-Aug-17
Hey guys, new to this forum. Hunting private land in NE FL. Originally from New England. Learning the ropes.

12-Aug-17
Welcome to Florida. This forum is slow most of the year. Couple of us still post here and there. Usually picks up close to deer season. Good luck, you're one of the lucky ones getting the opportunity to hunt private land.

12-Aug-17
Florida hog pics and vids are always cool to watch when things get slow.

• Sitka Gear