happygolucky 28-Jul-16
Knife2sharp 28-Jul-16
Buck Watcher 29-Jul-16
Ridge Runner 30-Jul-16
smokey 30-Jul-16
Amoebus 02-Aug-16
happygolucky 03-Aug-16
26-Jul-16
does anyone use ground blind floors? saw an adjustable ground blind floor 5x5 looked good......trying to make.....

26-Jul-16
too much of a hassle in my opinion, unless you are set up on private lane, then you can screw around with different materials

27-Jul-16
If I'm going to leave it in place for a good while I will put down an old piece of carpet.

27-Jul-16
I am with Two Feathers! Carpet!!!!

28-Jul-16
Went to fleet farm and bought those army surplus blankets, the gray thin ones, they work great.

28-Jul-16
I have never used a floor in my double bull. Besides cleaning out a crunchy leaf or two I never saw the need.

What are you trying to accomplish by adding a floor?

28-Jul-16
Kevin - primarily to enhance quietness.

28-Jul-16
I used a carpet piece I had hanging around and it proved to be very useful. Not sure what carpet use it was designed for but it was lightweight, thin, quiet. Cut down on the noise factor, lost equipment and stool/chair sinking into the ground.

28-Jul-16
Yep, carpet to help prevent the chair legs from sinking into the ground. Private land with the blinds up and brushed in already.

28-Jul-16
I've been using a piece of that outdoor marine carpet. You don't need a full footprint, just a bit wider than your chair and about 4'-5' long. Keeps chair from sinking in, keeps feet adjustments quiet and a dry place to lay thing I'd there's dew. It also wraps around the blind easy before putting it in the bag.

29-Jul-16
Old blanket or a big towel on the floor of my pop-ups. Permanent blinds have insulated floors and carpet. I tried a piece of rubber and thought it was too loud.

30-Jul-16
On another subject of ground blinds ,Does anyone else have a problem with the poles from the frame breaking through the material in the lower corner pockets. I've had 2 blinds do that now One was a barronett and one a Ameristep.Im not much into sewing so I don't know how to fix the problem Wish they would make the corner pockets a little stronger.Sorry about changing the topic a little but I figure those who use ground blinds are on this post. Thanks

30-Jul-16
Old carpet? what about all the stinky feet that walked on it,spilled food and beverages?

I would think something new but then there is the odor of the materials.

02-Aug-16
Ridge Runner - I haven't had a ground blind break through (yet) but have had 2-3 ice fishing portables with the same issue.

I haven't found a great way to fix it, but you have to take almost all the poles out and sew it by hand unless you have an industrial sewing machine. Even then, they only last a season or two. Definitely a weak point to these things.

The blanket/rug is a great idea. If nothing else, it is easier to find your stuff in the dark when time to go.

03-Aug-16
"Old carpet? what about all the stinky feet that walked on it, spilled food and beverages? I would think something new but then there is the odor of the materials. "

My feeling is that if the carpet is placed out early in the season, either the scents will dissipate from being outside over time or the animals will get used to them.

• Sitka Gear