RC 17-Aug-16
Stekewood 17-Aug-16
Bowhunting 5C 17-Aug-16
bill v 17-Aug-16
Bob McArthur 18-Aug-16
RC 19-Aug-16
Bowhunting 5C 19-Aug-16
26-Jul-16
This Monday, 1/8/16. If you're applying to the Special Regs areas, you can apply for multiple tags.

27-Jul-16
1/8/16 ? Heck there probably sold out by now. LOL

27-Jul-16
Bobs a little slow:)

27-Jul-16
That reads One August 2016.

27-Jul-16
Oh, so now you developed your own English language? LOL

27-Jul-16
He's writing in the way the Europeans do in sympathy of Brexit.

27-Jul-16
Also you can apply for a bonus tag from a non-special regulation area and a special regs tag both on August 1.

27-Jul-16
That's right Phil, I'm half Italian & half Irish.

27-Jul-16
I am too. Scary.

27-Jul-16
And yunzs are both 3/4 full of it:)

27-Jul-16
I need more than 3 doe tags for 2B. They give us that giant envelope and we can only apply for 3?? I'm pretty sure they can fit more than 3 tags in that envelope......

27-Jul-16
Herd, you can walk into the court house and buy as many as you want.

30-Jul-16
Wow....something is amiss! I got my first round tags already. I have never received my tags before September.

30-Jul-16
From the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" department:

Sent 30 envelopes with 3 apps each for 5D. Sent 20 envelopes with 3 apps each for 5C. That's right, 150 tags, gonna be the "Boss Hog" of all the pigs this year.

30-Jul-16
Is anyone sure that you can only get three license per envelope? I know you can only send 3 applications per envelope but in the special regs area I only ever used one application to get as many licenses as I wanted.

01-Aug-16
With the dmaps, I have more tags than I'll use already. I doubt if I'll send for another.

01-Aug-16
Oink oink... ;-)

01-Aug-16
now Bob, you don't need tags for all the deer you see, just the ones you shoot!

just get one or two!!!!!!

bill v

01-Aug-16
Bob, ya don't need tags for back yard does:)

01-Aug-16
I followed 4B tags last week. Monday thru Friday they were awarding about 150-200 a day. By Friday there was like, 1,100 left. Figgered I had a chance. Not!! First time in twenty years I won't have a doe tag for Perry county. :(

02-Aug-16
I didn't get a doe tag either, so I'm gonna put the 6 bucks towards a bottle of Jack Daniels instead.

02-Aug-16
Jack Daniels is for Sissys! Knob Creek Roy!

06-Aug-16
I got two tags and am going to send in for another one. Plenty of tags left in 1A. Most farmers will let you hunt if you ask. They want to know who's on their property.

08-Aug-16
I just checked- I put the pink envelope in the mail on Monday to Bucks county. Nothing awarded yet. I'm wondering if I forgot something...................

08-Aug-16
When I buy them over the counter here I fill out one form and get two licenses. I did the same and sent the application and check to Bucks. I marked 2 licenses in the bottom of the app and circled two on the envelope. They returned it saying I needed to add a second application.

09-Aug-16
Yes, I remembered to fill out 2 applications. But I sent one check. Anybody know if you have to send 2 separate checks also???

I checked again and it apparently hasn't been processed or awarded yet.

09-Aug-16
Perry, read the direction that are in bold black print on the pink envelopes.

09-Aug-16
Checks cleared so here's what I have so far:

(1) 1A (1) 2A (3) 2B

Going to get 2 more for 2B. I have a feeling it's going to be a good year.......

09-Aug-16
LMFAO Bobby.

10-Aug-16
LOL! I did Bob. Still confusing. They need to automate this system and GET RID OF THESE STUPID PINK ENVELOPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANd get the treasurers out of it! This is 2016!!!!!!!!!!! How many years has NY been doing this by COMPUTER at POINT OF SALE?

Well, I was awarded two 5C tags at 4:46 yesterday, so I guess everything was in order. Just took awhile to process.

10-Aug-16
Well praise the Lord, Perry.

Ya got your doe tags..

LOL

I'm getting worried though, 2B only has 51656 left:)

10-Aug-16
Phil, one application = one tag. Simple, they have never done one application for multiples.

10-Aug-16
As a side note, for all of the procrastinators out there thinking "I will just get my 5D and 5C over the counter", better check that. Half the allotment for both are sold and it is still 12 days away from the 22nd.

10-Aug-16
John, I'm not sure who "they" is but I can tell you from my experience that you are wrong. I have walked into the treasurer's office here in Reading at least three years and have bought two tags while filling out only one application. The first year the lady took the application and asked me how many tags I wanted. After that I just told them. Maybe they made a photocopy after I left. Maybe they made a mistake in doing that but I haven't filled out two applications until this year to get them by mail.

11-Aug-16
John,

5C is selling out much quicker than that. Only 23,063 tags left out of 70,000. I predicted they would sell out before going over the counter this year. Looks like I might be right.

11-Aug-16
UPDATE: as of 12:45pm there were 21,776 left. At this rate they may be SOLD OUT by next week!

11-Aug-16
Phil, you should thank the girls in that office, they were doing you a very large favor. Having stood in enormous lines in Montgomery County, I can tell you what the rules are now, if she copies it for you, they must be very bored or have a little twinkle for ya. However at the court houses I have visited, one application, one tag.

11-Aug-16
I got two for 2A

I'm allowed to transfer my doe tags to a mentored youth correct??

13-Aug-16
5C is down to 18,700 going into the weekend. Sold at a rate of more than 2500 a day plus. Get them in if you want one.

15-Aug-16
Yep down to 18,600 at 8am. At this rate they won't last the week.

15-Aug-16
Got my 2-D tag on Saturday.

15-Aug-16
15,600 at 4:30 this afternoon. I had two awarded this morning. Can't make the 5C hunt so I'll miss out on some of the better properties. I normally hunt the SGL there and it's very hit or miss. Have to look into new properties.

15-Aug-16
I better hurry up and buy my license. 2B only has 49770 left.

15-Aug-16
There are no deer in 2B

16-Aug-16
You are pretty close, Phil.

EHD wiped them out a few years ago around my place.

16-Aug-16
Woo hoo! Got 19 pink envelopes back yesterday, 57 tags. 31 envelopeS, 103 tags to go.

16-Aug-16
Don't know why, ya can't shoot for crap...:)

16-Aug-16

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Bob McArthur's embedded Photo

16-Aug-16
You look good with your new contacts, Bobby. I see you are getting hair too:)

16-Aug-16
That's Bill V. on my left.

16-Aug-16
WOW, he put on weight...

16-Aug-16

Stekewood's MOBILE embedded Photo
Stekewood's MOBILE embedded Photo

Wow Bob. 19 in one day? Mine have been arriving in smaller batches like these. Maybe my jackpot will be tomorrow.

16-Aug-16
That's why they call it "Special Reg's" areas... Lot's of doe to chase, and a few good bucks.

That is a lot of red envelopes... Remember, shoot more doe, see more bucks.

16-Aug-16
You're right stick. We are fortunate to be able to get so many tags in the special regs. More importantly, there are more than enough tags for everyone to get as many as they want if it is important to them. That is a bummer that you can't get a second tag for your property.

17-Aug-16
Truth be told, I'm no pig. I have three 5C tags and four 5D tags. I was just makning a point.

17-Aug-16
How many tags must one buy to reach pig status? 8?

17-Aug-16
Ouch.....

17-Aug-16
For what it's worth Stekewood. Bob lives in the SE where there are way too many deer. Bob and several other guys in that area donate the majority of the deer they harvest to the food bank or hunters sharing the harvest program!!!

17-Aug-16
I'm thinking anything more than 12 is where Pig Status starts. Twenty or more will get you into the Hog Status.

17-Aug-16
I'm down here too RC and I made Hog! :-)

17-Aug-16
That's nice. I'm sure you won't fill them all...but you got that Hog Status going for you.

17-Aug-16
Yes you did.

17-Aug-16
I sure hope I don't fill them all. That would mean my season would be over before the final bell. Hope to have one left as the sun sets on the last day but I'll burn it an hour before if I can. :-)

17-Aug-16
I have gone a few seasons filling double digit tags, before they cleaned out Valley Forge. The areas around there were just choked full of doe. Not too many buck, but doe in herds you could not describe unless you seen them... However, donating to the Hunters sharing the harvest has been great over the years..

Shoot more doe see more buck..

17-Aug-16
now bob!! at least I don't have blue nose syndrome (see BoB's pig pic)

are you ok over there? or is that Stekewood guy getting to you??

oink oink!

I'll have to take a pic of my tags for you

bill v

18-Aug-16
Gaining access to hunt private property is easy, most hunters don't even ask & those that do, most stop at the first "No" they receive.

19-Aug-16
Hello Phil: )

19-Aug-16
PALongbow, that is only one part of it. There is still a lot of farms and people that hunt those farms or parcels have agreements that they must keep the doe harvest numbers up or loose that spot. It is not always about yellow signs but also about taking doe. And as a side note, in 5C there also is a lot more roads and the idea is to keep deer off those roads and not in front of a yuppies BMW. Lyme disease is also a topic in 5C. One of the places near where I hunt the three out of 4 people who live in that home have had lyme disease twice. And they have a ton of deer going through their back yard. They used to curse at me when they would see me go in, now they stop to ask what the count is up to.

• Sitka Gear