Mathews Inc.
Road Access
Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
Bandicooter 02-Aug-16
Topgun 30-06 03-Aug-16
Whiterock 05-Aug-16
02-Aug-16
Haven't hunted Wyoming in over thirty years. Planning on hunting the eastern side for pronghorn. Does anyone have any insight into legality of using roads that are not government maintained? I've been sending off a couple letters to landowners asking for permission to pass through their property to access public land but was just wondering about using oil field roads. Who controls the access on those? I do not want to trespass. Thanks.

03-Aug-16
Good luck getting free access across most of the private ranches to access public land that they have locked up for their own use or for an outfitter! If the oil field roads are on public land and it's legally accessible, normally those roads on the public land are open and if not you'll know it by signage or locked gates.

05-Aug-16
In the unit that I am going to hunt,access is real limited to public land,most is land locked by private .Either the private is leased by outfitters or the owner does not allow hunting.You have to be happy to hunt Walk In Area . Going late in the season is the best to avoid hunter pressure and hunt thru the week days and not on the week ends.

• Sitka Gear