nehunter's embedded Photo

07-Aug-16

07-Aug-16

Can't leave out the pesky Bear who chewed my camera.

07-Aug-16

07-Aug-16

07-Aug-16

07-Aug-16

07-Aug-16

07-Aug-16
A few nice ones? Are you kidding me? You are the man!!!!

08-Aug-16
That's an awesome droptine buck!

08-Aug-16
GREAT DEER !!!!!!!!!

08-Aug-16
Let me know if you need any help putting up your treestand :)

I'd be really excited about the season if I were you.

08-Aug-16
I find if I where to get a photo like that, I cant stay away and wanna check it every day, then I just end up scaring him off :( Don't be like me!

08-Aug-16
WOW - double drop tine! Amazing buck! Good luck on that!

Will

08-Aug-16
looks like you have a target rich environment there.. Keep us posted once the season starts

08-Aug-16
Question for the guys that use the trail cams.

Do you find that the bucks you see this time of the year on your cams hang around all season? Part of the season? Curious to see what you find.

I don't use cams on state land but based upon experience and some studies I've read, when the rut starts you can see bucks that you never saw before, leading me to believe they're traveling outside their home range looking for receptive does.

I've seen the studies that show how bucks travel before, during and after the rut so seeing bucks on the cams can't be the only thing to go by.

With that said, I would MUCH rather see them, than not see them on the cams. That's for sure.

08-Aug-16
That double droptine buck is awesome! Good luck with him. I pulled my camera yesterday and had at least 5 different bucks, 3 youngsters,1 heavy 6pt and one nice 10pt. Needless to say, I am ready to hunt!

08-Aug-16

Bob-bbb, I always have nice Bucks around the field edges this time of Year, eating early apples that fall. But when the velvet comes off they disappear into the swamps.

I did get a picture of a non-typical in the early season under an apple tree then he showed up in early November 2-3 miles at another big woods spot. I shot him 3 weeks later at the original apple tree 2-3 miles away. There was no question he was the same buck (see picture) He crossed 3 roads, one being RT 4.

08-Aug-16

08-Aug-16

Shot on 12/2 picture on 11/12, so 3 weeks to travel 3 miles. Maybe he went home after the rut? Who knows?

09-Aug-16
NE - that's a unique rack and definitely the one in the pictures.

09-Aug-16
BBB just as NE displayed with the harvest of that unique buck, I have observed that they sometimes disappear for long periods of time only to show up again at some point during the season. I think it is very normal to see some bucks early and then again late with no sign of them in between. Those bucks are showing you their home/summer range and they always return there after the rut; unless they get shot during the rut. On the other hand there are certain bucks that are just home bodies and stay on camera all year long, never really venturing too far away. I'm not a deer biologists so I don't know if that is a personality trait or a situation of them having all they need right there where the camera is. It could also very well be a sign of being the dominant buck in that area and not needing to leave by being pushed out. Anyhow those are my observations through the years on that...

09-Aug-16
The study I reviewed showed how researchers used a tracking device on a buck and it was really interesting to see how the buck moved at different times of the year. Your comments are consistent with what they found on this one buck.

Stayed home most of the year and then during the rut traveled far from home only to return after the peak of the rut. Just goes to show that if you're patient you'll be rewarded.

09-Aug-16

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
I have seen this at the zoo he was there 2 weeks befog season and never returned till x mass and late Jan only a couple of time in day light he isn't there this year yet .

10-Aug-16
NE, that double drop tine is a real nice buck. Good luck with him! These pics are getting me in the mood for fall.

11-Aug-16
What a beautiful deer, good luck.

12-Aug-16
Nice looking deer. Good luck.

12-Aug-16
That's a awesome buck anywhere in the country....never mind ct....go getem!

12-Aug-16
Outstanding... hoping to see a harvest picture

21-Aug-16

Finally got the double drop on my Verizon cellular camera. He is traveling on both sides of the road with big woods in between. Its going to be tough to get him.

21-Aug-16
SWK

great point.

The pics are telling you part of the story, where he is at 8:45 pm. Now you need to find out where's he coming from and going to? Get close to those areas and you might find him moving in the early morning or late afternoon hours.

Good luck.

11-Sep-16

Nice 8 pt ... Only 3 days to go.

11-Sep-16

Nice 8 pt ... Only 3 days to go.

11-Sep-16

Nice 10 pt. Looks young and will be a great Buck next year.

• Sitka Gear