RutnStrut 08-Aug-16
CaptMike 08-Aug-16
buckmaster69 08-Aug-16
Jeff in MN 10-Aug-16
skookumjt 10-Aug-16
happygolucky 11-Aug-16
Jeff in MN 11-Aug-16
08-Aug-16
If you get a chance, read the commentary in WON, by Mike Brust on the wolf summit,,,,,,, It is the best commentary I have ever read,,,, he has taken Pat Durkin to the wood shed on that one, and Mike is so spot on,,,,,,,

08-Aug-16
Mike definitely has strong opinions on the topic and he also made clear how he feels about Durkin and Bortz, but I also think that the summit is a waste of time. We all know that there needs to be something done to get the wolf population under control and that we can manage it just fine at the state level, but there is nothing that we can do about it until someone at the Federal level decides to do something. The USFWS service needs to step up and develop a plan with the states that don't have wolves (yet), the Federal legislature need to pass laws that will get this out of the courts for good, and the courts need to stop sticking their nose in and doing the job of FWS. Having a State level summit has no positive outcome. The mainstream media (especially national) won't give it much if any coverage, the people that need to hear all the details that Mike presented in his commentary likely won't hear it in the first place and will refuse to believe it if they do. No amount of conversation will change their opinion any more than you will convince me that Hillary is a good option for anything other than jail

08-Aug-16
The wolf issue has just popped up in a local political debate here in Milwaukee in a group that I belong to that leans heavily left. This just might get the conversation going. The incumbent dem accepted money from the Bear Hunters Association which got the folks further to the left into a tizzy.

08-Aug-16
There will be NOTHING done one way or the other on the wolf issue until after November elections. No one wants to take the chance of losing voters or donors.

08-Aug-16
I disagree with Skookum on this. By doing this, Mr. Brust does bring the issue to light where it is possible for more of the states constituents, and their legislators, to be made aware of the concern over the issue. Of course they are already aware of it but nothing gets the attention of a politician better than a large, loud unified voice on a subject.

08-Aug-16
razor head +1

10-Aug-16
If the article is online will someone post a link? I cannot find it.

10-Aug-16
I don't think the commentaries are online.

11-Aug-16
GREAT job by Brust. There were also a couple of Letters to the Editor on the topic that were spot on too. Durkin was schooled once again.

11-Aug-16
Durkin's interview on Wisconsin Public Radio was a joke. You could not tell what side of the fence he was on. If you had to say one or the other he was on the wolf lovers side.

Here is a link to the interview/show. Sorry forgot to paste it in when I entered this comment so you will need to copy paste this. Then click 'listen' just below the picture of a wolf.

http://www.wpr.org/shows/state-capitol-report-time-resume-wisconsins-wolf-hunt

• Sitka Gear