MCAAP 2016-Hominy
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
dreed1968 08-Aug-16
Lost Arra 12-Aug-16
Quailhunter 12-Aug-16
dreed1968 15-Aug-16
08-Aug-16
Well my buddy and I have drawn out for the weekend of Oct. 28-30 for the hunt at MCAAP. We drew the Hominy area. I have been to MCAAP twice before, and this is his first time. I have never hunted the Hominy area, but would like to hear opinions, and suggestions if anyone is willing to share them. Really excited to head back out there, and hope for a great, and hopefully cool weekend.

12-Aug-16
I have a digital copy of the hunt map I could send you. It's been a while (5+yrs) since I hunted there but I could tell you where I killed a buck in Hominy (he was not on the Most Wanted List but I was happy). I would go back to the same place now.

12-Aug-16
My experience there has been that it is all good. I've been there four times. Hominy every time. Killed a deer around the cemetery but it used to be a popular spot. I think you could throw a dart at a map of that place. Hell, I've seen big bucks and big toms in the parking lots.

15-Aug-16
LostArra, thank you. Yes, please send map if you don't mind. I will send you a PM with email address. And I have seen deer both times I was there before. Only one really big buck, but he was a monster. No shot. It was in the Deer creek area. The other time I was drawn was the Hominy area, but actually hunted a small piece of Bear Trap that they opened up for that weekend. Saw a few deer, and hogs in Bear Trap.

• Sitka Gear