Jeff in MN 18-Aug-16
Bloodtrail 18-Aug-16
skookumjt 18-Aug-16
Jeff in MN 19-Aug-16
smokey 19-Aug-16
Jeff in MN 19-Aug-16
13-Aug-16

Jeff in MN's Link
A crow that tested positive for west nile virus was found dead in Sawyer county recently. The link shows the counties that have also had non human confirmed WNV. No confirmed cases of people getting it in Wisconsin.

The symptoms of WNV can be very serious.

18-Aug-16
Now there is a confirmed case of a human being infected with West Nile in Sawyer County.

18-Aug-16
Not to down play the importance of any possible disease but from the sounds of it we have a greater risk from tick bites than WND.

Reportedly approximately 1% of the population will develop a severe case of this disease and many will develop nothing at all.

The symptoms are flu-like to many and a tip toe check over to a medical website is not a bad idea.

Elderly people like me and Jeff are at the most risk!

Being a falconer, I am constantly aware of WND and falconers in this State have lost birds to this disease which effect birds much more often than humans.

To birds - it's fatal.

18-Aug-16
Rusk County too.,

19-Aug-16
My wife swears I had it a while ago. To me it was just like a short episode of the flu. I had inhaled a huge cloud of pine pollen that shook off some underbrush while bear baiting, I figured it was from that because symptoms started about 10 minutes after that.

She also swears I had it about 15 years ago when I landed a fast ride to the hospital. Sudden onset of dizziness, and other messy stuff. A nurse that happened to be there wasted no time calling an ambulance. I couldn't balance enough to walk for 4 days. After many tests to rule out everything else they said inner ear infection. Ever since then I have had trouble with balance in the dark. I wonder if there is a test that can be done to tell if you ever had WNV.

There are 14 Wisconsin counties with non human confirmed cases this year. Sawyer is the only confirmed human case currently posted on the states map at the link above.

19-Aug-16
Explain difference: WNV/WND. Typo?

19-Aug-16
Typo, I should have been WNV, I corrected it. Or a brain fart and I was thinking west nile disease when I typed it.

• Sitka Gear