horsethief51 15-Aug-16
archerfanatic 17-Aug-16
bowkevin 21-Aug-16
bowkevin 21-Aug-16
pa10point 21-Aug-16
deeraddict 22-Aug-16
RC 23-Aug-16
13-Aug-16
I use to hunt in Forest County back in the early 70s. I would like to come back and hunt again. We hunted in the ANF area south of Marienville. How is the hunting now? We use to see a 100 deer a day. Thank you.

14-Aug-16
I hunt in Forest Co.,German Hill area. The days of seeing 100 deer are long gone! But...the population seems to be growing in the last few years.Lots of deer in the fields this summer,and a lot of nice bucks.

Bob

14-Aug-16
You won't see as many deer, but as mentioned above, I think the population is rebounding nicely with some great bucks in the area. Plus, the ANF is just a great place to be!!!

15-Aug-16
Yep,nothing like hunting the ANF! Lots of room to get away from everybody,even if you don't see a lot of deer.

Bob

15-Aug-16
I haven't hunted there since the late 70's either. Lots of great times up there. Not many antlers sighted back then. I hear that now the bucks you do see are a lot nicer. Probably some camps for sale.

17-Aug-16
Thank you for the replies.

21-Aug-16

bowkevin's embedded Photo
bowkevin's embedded Photo
I hunt that area near my cabin. I'm right above clarington. Typically see 10 to 20 deer the first day of rifle. Haven't bow hunted there in a few years. My son shot this buck 3 years ago

21-Aug-16
He was an unusually dark deer not much white on his face or anywhere

21-Aug-16
Marienville and the ANF, spent the first opening day of my hunting careeer there in 1972, absolutely some of the best days of my life were hunting the big woods there. i wish everyone who hunts could feel the excitement of a pennsylvania deer opener. Forest county is worth the trip even if you dont see a single deer,lots of deer hunting history there

22-Aug-16
spent my child hood hunting and fishing there forest,jefferson,elk counties. best times of my life looking up an old friend who has a camp there .looking to go back up deer or no deer just need to get away and hunt for awhile

23-Aug-16
I hunted Salmon creek quite a few times.

• Sitka Gear