rick allison 16-Aug-16
Bloodtrail 16-Aug-16
Jeff in MN 17-Aug-16
huntnfish43 17-Aug-16
jtek 18-Aug-16
Bloodtrail 18-Aug-16
Jeff in MN 18-Aug-16
14-Aug-16
I know the PC police on here are asking what does this thread have to do with hunting ?

Well law enforcement has a lot to do with the sport we all love to do. Across the nation we has seen the attacks on law enforcement and US citizens. And now in Milwaukee which is very close to home. Our law enforcement officers are our last line of defense for the safety of our families and the protection of our right to bow hunt and enjoy the great outdoors of Wisconsin.

Soooo Show your support by either thanking law enforcement when you see them and/or putting up one of many lawn signs available to show your support. Let them know you appreciate them protecting your rights and families.

14-Aug-16
+1 arrow. We back the badge at my house.

14-Aug-16
Paul Smith seems to think if "Hunters" register their firearms, this will improve everything.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-smith/2016/08/10/smith-taking-shot-gun-registration/88494040/

14-Aug-16
This country is doomed . If I said what I really think about everything going on I'm sure I'd be banned .

14-Aug-16
+1 Swampy. When you have people burning down their city, no regard for the law, and trying to kill police officers. Is this what America has become? Sad it's gotten so out of control, only gonna get worse. Yes support your police and military!!

14-Aug-16
I think law enforcement and emergency medical staff should not go into these crime ridden neighborhoods. They are not appreciated when they do their jobs in those neighborhoods.

14-Aug-16
Swampy is right, unfortunately. :(

14-Aug-16
Paul Smith is more a liberal than he is a sportsman.

14-Aug-16
We fully support all of the law enforcement personnel, those fighting for our freedom and emergency medical personnel who put their lives on the line every day.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. That's like blaming your refrigerator for making you fat!

I too have to bite my tongue or it will get real ugly.

15-Aug-16
Why bite your tongue? these people here in Milwaukee doing these crimes are just looking to have an excuse to steal set things on fire, lack of parenting in the core but we will be the first to be blamed of their short comings. So tired of this crap drive down the streets in this area its been going on little by little for a long time they just were waiting to destroy something...Like always pointing the finger at someone else...Animals that live in the city.Police need our support more now than ever before.

15-Aug-16
+2 arrow

15-Aug-16
Since 9/11 law enforcement has become the most under appreciated and under paid profession in the U.S. in my opinion. They have that split second decision to make and then right or wrong get blasted by Joe Public before credible information is released to the public. You men and women in "Blue" have my utmost respect. "To Protect And To Serve"

15-Aug-16
Wait till they can't find police officer's in the future . Nobody talks about the real problem which is street gang's . You have terrorism everyday in the black community's the police have to deal with .

16-Aug-16
Sawyer county deputies are the best. Great support anytime I call them, even when a bunch of trash bags were dumped in a pond on my property. But I really appreciated them when a neighbor deliberately put 2 bullets through my house and missed on a third shot while my wife and I were inside it. They came out with a swat team of like 16 officers to yank him out of his house during a severe thunderstorm.

Cops in the big cities have it real tough and are exposed to a lot more risks. Then they get criticized and riots break out because they did their job when they should be praised. They are real heroes.

Kudos to all police officers, first responders, firefighters, and all branches of the military, and anyone I missed.

16-Aug-16
And the comment two above this is the reason my family doesn't like hunting and views hunters as suspect no matter how hard I work to try to show them otherwise. Good job reinforcing a stereotype that sportsmen are nothing more than ignorant racist rednecks. You're no better than the people that you're referring to.

16-Aug-16
Tweed-

Well put.

That post was uncalled for, bigoted, and racist. There was no need to post that type of a remark.

16-Aug-16
What Tweed said +2

16-Aug-16
Well...as in Ferguson, not one pair of work boots have looted.

Agree...we're in a hole I don't know if we can ever dig out of.

16-Aug-16
Our society/culture has a problem.

The problem is NOT divided between white/black, yellow/brown, red/white but of one race and one race alone. The HUMAN RACE.

We have prisons filled with black, white, brown and red men and woman and no one knows what to do anymore.

I've been involved for 35 years in law enforcement and I'm telling you it's worse now than ever before.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

That light is people like you, people that are tired. Tired of being scared, tired of being harassed, tired of being victims and tired or just being tired.

These are the people that support and work hand and hand with their local police and law enforcement to make their Homes, Communities and Neighborhoods places of safety and security. Places to raise a family and a place where people stand up and say NO MORE!!! You isn't selling your drugs, attacking our children and committing crimes! We call 911 and you will deal with the POLICE.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE ANYMORE. You arm yourself against the police you will lose - plan on it!

It doesn't matter if you are white, black, red, brown or Green - You resist and threaten the police you'll most likely end up on the short end of the stick and have no one to blame but yourself.

RACE has NOTHING to do with it - some of the nicest people I have met have been Black, Red and Brown. Some of the biggest jerks have been white, like me! Race plays no role for me.

It doesn't matter - you act like a fool you'll be treated as such - color makes no difference to me and to thousands of police officers!

High crime rates, single parent families and drugs/alcohol and entitlement - no religion and no discipline is a recipe for disaster!

Make a difference in a kids life - If everyone of us spent a few hours a week working with kids (as simple as playing catch) we can make a difference - be a role model!!!!

It takes a Village to raise a child!!

17-Aug-16
Excellent post BT.

" You arm yourself against the police you will lose - plan on it! It doesn't matter if you are white, black, red, brown or Green - You resist and threaten the police you'll most likely end up on the short end of the stick and have no one to blame but yourself."

Cops have to react to situations in seconds, sometimes split seconds. Their life and the life of the person on the other end depend on both doing exactly the right thing. Usually it goes well, sometimes not so good. Everyone needs to accept the outcome and learn from whatever mistakes might have been made. Maybe just as important, learn from situations that go well.

17-Aug-16
It takes a Village to raise a child!!

Well said BT, but do forget:

It takes the Conservation Congress to Rule the Village.

18-Aug-16
Great thread arrow1 +1.

Great post BT. Our police need and deserve all of our support!

Don't act like a punk @$$ thug and the police will treat you just fine.

18-Aug-16
I just recently read a study that stated that nearly 70% of inner city children DO NOT have a stay at home DAD.

OMG - No appropriate male role model - what should we expect?

Kids having kids - no education - no job skills and children/single parent homes.

Recipe for disaster.

18-Aug-16
Plus I bet many of those kids that are siblings do not have the same dad. Yet none of the dads are there to provide for and help raise those kids.

• Sitka Gear