razorhead 18-Aug-16
stagetek 18-Aug-16
kylet 18-Aug-16
JackPine Acres 18-Aug-16
happygolucky 18-Aug-16
Reggiezpop 18-Aug-16
Sam I Am 19-Aug-16
17-Aug-16
I recently gave my son my older Mathews bow (Ovation). He needs the draw length reduced, a loop put on and the right arrow. I live a stones throw away from Buck Rub, but their policy against loops is archaic. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Wicked Archery, which is located across the road from Cabela's ? I guess West Town would be his other option.

18-Aug-16
I stopped there once and it seemed over priced and not so customer friendly .

Whale tails in dousman and BK3 in windlake would be my choices for a pro shop.

Btw the no string loop thing at buck rub is insane. Stopped going there with their crappy customer service and high prices.

18-Aug-16
West town is OK. Depends on which brother you get.

18-Aug-16
I go to Westtown and agree it really depends on who you get. Last time I was there they just got rid of their old bow press so they couldnt work in my bow. Took it ti Cabelas and the guy there rigged something with an old bar clamp and made sure to get it done. Didnt charge me for it either...needless to say I then spent more money on arrows.

18-Aug-16
They don't allow string loops???

18-Aug-16
Yep. Buck rub will not put in a loop. they want everyone to shoot caliper releases off the serving and those little eliminator buttons.

There are a lot of other great shops in the area to waste your time and money at buck rub.

18-Aug-16
Not that there's anything wrong with a caliper and buttons but it sure is eliminating a big part of their customer base. Doesn't seem very business savvy does it?

18-Aug-16
well I agree with all of the above posts,,,,, now you want to go to a real bowhunting, archery shop, than go to Ackerville Archery, and see Jeremy the owner,,,,,

that guy is a bow tech for sure,,,,, always friendly and he hunts a lot,,,,,,

Ackerville is on 175, just south of Hwy 60 by Slinger,,,,

18-Aug-16
Thanks for the advise.

18-Aug-16
Whale tales archery in Dousman. Great guys and shop. Tell them I sent ya.

18-Aug-16
my vote is with Whale Tale as well.

18-Aug-16
I had lots of success with Archer's Quest which was the shop prior to it becoming Wicked Archery. The owner of AQ had a place in Sheboygan too I believe. I found them to be good and personable.

I was shocked to see the change to Wicked Archery. My son needed some work on his Mission Riot and the girl in there somehow reversed 2 strings. She is not personable at all and never even issued an apology.

I am not sure what I am going to do going forward as I live very close to Wicked and like the convenience.

BTW, the whole no-loop thing with Buck Rub is the most stupid thing out there. I actually went into there for a bow once and after talking it all over, I walked out and ended up at BKIII. BKIII is a good place but far from where I live. I would never give Buck Rub a dime.

18-Aug-16
Stopped in Ackerville in the way to shoot in Neosho tonight. Jeremy was great. Picked up 1/2 dozen arrows. Will definitely be back!

19-Aug-16
might be a drive, but Dutch's in Fondulac has treated me very well over the past several years

• Sitka Gear