Edge Hunter 18-Aug-16
jdouin 19-Aug-16
jstephens61 20-Aug-16
NockTaker 18-Oct-16
Dusktildawn 19-Oct-16
Edge Hunter 19-Oct-16
DonSchultz 22-Oct-16
18-Aug-16
I have been shooting Thunderhead 100's for years with good success if I do my job right, but I've been seeing a lot about the Rage expandables in the media this past year. How much speed or energy should I have in my 400 grain arrow to make this expandable head work?

19-Aug-16
Personally I think there are far too many people shooting expandable heads with way too little of velocity and KE. IMO, if your whole arrow weighs 400, I'd say you need to be pushing it at a minimum of 250, with 275+ being ideal. Again, this is just my opinion.

20-Aug-16
If the Thunderheads work, then stick with them. I've tried a half dozen expandables over the years and keep going back to a fixed head. IMHO, if it's mechanical, it can malfunction.

18-Oct-16
I would stay with the fixed head . That way you know it will work ,I shot deer with the Thunder heads they do a good job. But went to the Magnus stinger buzz cut 100 gr. They have a life time Guarantee you brake it bend it what ever you sent it back they will give you a new one how can you beat that ! IMO

19-Oct-16
I understand people have many opinions on which broadhead they like and dislike. I shoot 320fps and use 350 grain axis with 100 grain Rage Hypodermic and have Never had them fail. Not on quartering to/away or any other lethal shot I've taken. 100% fly like practice tips and have never opened prior to impact. The holes they create are amazing and make tracking deer easy. Also I have used same one to kill multuple deer. Best of luck with whatever you choose to use.

19-Oct-16
I'm sticking with the Thunderheads. I have too much time and money invested in them to switch. Thanks for everyone's opinions.

22-Oct-16
The Rage head is (IMO) flimsy. Every bit of it is to light or to soft.

• Sitka Gear