A new low for "hunting"
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Ed Conolly 21-Aug-16
archer756 21-Aug-16
jman22 21-Aug-16
erict 23-Aug-16
21-Aug-16
I rarely tune into the Outdoor Channel any more due to the lack of actual hunting skills and commercial delivery. However, I just couldn't believe this new one. I was watching Jackie Bushman's Buckmasters show, and on came a commercial for the "Buckmasters-Napa Auto Parts Deer Grunt Call". You install it in your car or truck and when you hit the horn it gives a loud grunt call. The commercial shows Bushman hit the steering wheel horn, the loud grunt call sounds and the next scene is a buck running towards him. He gets out of the truck and lays his X-gun over the front fender, and turns to the camera and says something like "bring them right to you"! The ultimate slob road-hunter/poacher assistance device ever invented besides a spotlight. I'm done with the Outdoor Channel and their commercially endorsed "celebrity hunters". What ever happened to Skill? What ever happened to ETHICS? All quickly tossed aside in the pursuit of the almighty dollar. Disgusting. (You can Google "NAPA deer horn Bushman" and scroll down in the results to find www.isopt.tv and see it for yourselves.)

21-Aug-16
ETHICS! its about $$$$ Just look at our government!

21-Aug-16
That video definitely ranks high on the "cheesey" scale, but I dont think it's meant to be take seriously. But still it definitely showa how sponsor driven the industry has become.

23-Aug-16
Lighten up - it is obviously a comedy skit - a joke.

• Sitka Gear