Nocturnal8 23-Aug-16
Tweed 23-Aug-16
Zinger 23-Aug-16
skookumjt 23-Aug-16
Tweed 23-Aug-16
skookumjt 23-Aug-16
23-Aug-16

Tweed's Link
I'm sure most of you are already probably aware of this but figured its good to put it out here: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/lands/RealEstate/landsale.html

23-Aug-16
They are selling some land. But they also just purchased 1,036 acres. Either way it's a slippery slope for some.

23-Aug-16
I went to the auction site and didn't see any of it listed. Lots of municipal surplus but no land.

23-Aug-16
If the land is land locked so we can't use it why not sell it off for some money and also get it back on the tax rolls.

23-Aug-16

skookumjt's Link
It's on the Wisconsin Surplus website, but it's down a ways on the list. Hopefully the link will work.

23-Aug-16
Thanks Skoot!

23-Aug-16
I believe that all seven of these properties have access to a road. One of them didn't get any bids on the last auction and is being relisted. The logic for getting rid of these is generally very well thought out. I believe each has an explanation on the DNR website.

The landlocked properties were/will only be sold to adjacent landowners because they are the only ones that had access, which is the problem in the first place.

Other properties were marketed to other agencies such as County Forests, etc. and included deed restrictions that they remain open to public use so they are still in the public domain.

I've kept pretty close tabs on this process and I'm very satisfied that sound decisions have been made after being reviewed. Selling these properties reduces the debt load and allows the State to pursue other land opportunities that make more sense. Often they have the added bonus of getting the property back on the tax rolls which helps the local governments.

• Sitka Gear