Saxton 29-Aug-16
Babysaph 29-Aug-16
Little Bear 30-Aug-16
babysaph 30-Aug-16
babysaph 30-Aug-16
SpongeBen 30-Aug-16
Little Bear 31-Aug-16
25-Aug-16
What hunting trip /animal are you most proud of getting. It can be right there at your home, Post pictures and the stories.

29-Aug-16
Since no one else has posted... had what I believe was a good 2 yr old all over my cameras a few years ago but never saw him on the hoof. I picked up both his sheds a couple days before Christmas... they measured out to about 92" with a 14" spread figured in ... next year all over my cameras again as a 9 pt probably about 125" or so. Saw him numerous times before season then last picture of him was mid October... I saw him one more time first week of November... then nothing else the rest of the year .. pics, sheds, nothing. The next year very few pics or sightings...then I killed him day after Thanksgiving (with rifle). It was a big 8. I would be content if it is biggest one I ever kill. I won't post a pic due to it not being a bow kill. I remember some controversy on here last year about rifle kill pics.

29-Aug-16
I am pretty proud of the spike I killed last year

29-Aug-16

Saxton's embedded Photo
Saxton's embedded Photo
Mine was last year. Went on my first ever elk hunt. I had zero idea on how to hunt them. For a year I studied, read, talked to experienced elk hunters and got some idea on a game plan.

I shot A LOT out to 60 yards. On day 4 of the hunt I had a cow at 60 yards. I took the shot and doubled lunged her.

29-Aug-16
Nice Saxton.

30-Aug-16

Little Bear's embedded Photo
Little Bear's embedded Photo
I'm always more proud of my son's success than my own.

30-Aug-16
That's because you are a dad Lil Bear.. That is the way its supposed to be

30-Aug-16
That's because you are a dad Lil Bear.. That is the way its supposed to be

30-Aug-16

SpongeBen's embedded Photo
SpongeBen's embedded Photo
There are a few hunts that I am proud like my first (and only) Pope and Young deer, my first deer with a bow, and my dad's last deer with a bow before he passed away (He had to shoot left handed because of shoulder surgery) and probably most of all my older son's first deer (I was very proud of him for that). But a few weeks ago at the IBO 3-D Archery World Championships my family had an extremely special archery weekend for which we were very proud of our sons but I they told me they were very proud of me which was pretty awesome to here from them. My two nephews shot in their first world championships. They were extremely excited to participate and will be back for more (and more importantly are hooked on bowhunting). My youngest son (6 years old) shot all 10 targets and hit all 10. He was extremely proud of that and also the fact that he scored an 81 on those 10 targets. We were very proud of him. My older son finished 2nd in the Cub class at the IBO World Trophy Division with a 384-12x. He had shot a 180-4x on day one which was a really good score for him, but then on day 2 he had his best 20 target finish that I would have never imagined him achieving (204-8x). We were very proud of him for taking a huge step. Finally, after many years of practice (with a back tension) I was able to finish in the top 5 scores after 40 targets (401-17x) in the Advanced Hunter Class to make the 10 target shootdown on the final day. I was 6 points behind the leader after the 40 targets and shot a 105-5x on those 10 targets to catch the leader, but he beat me on X count(506-25x to 506-22x). It was a very exciting archery weekend for all of our family!!!

31-Aug-16
Congrats Benji! That's some fine shooting for the entire family!

• Sitka Gear